on 19 November 2016
This short, fast paced romantic read is delightful. From sunny California to the highlands of Scotland the story really begins and ends for Jane, for me all that was missing was dear faithful Rusty.
on 17 August 2016
Rosamunde Pilcher is, without doubt, one of the greatest storytellers of all time, and this delightful story confirms it. Thoroughly enjoyable, beautifully written, a sheer delight. A Must Read for all her many fans.
on 19 June 2017
A gentle story with no hidden complicated plots. Characters are nice and believable. An enjoyable read from an outstanding authoress.
on 26 October 2016
After some of the drivel I have read recently, this was a simple pleasant read. Some of the Scottish place names are a little improbable and fanciful but it is a novel I guess!
on 3 December 2016
Just came across this book by Rosamund Pilcher and delighted to say it didn't disappoint! Love the characters and loved the setting of Elvie in Bonnie Scotland bring back many fond memories of my childhood.........
on 17 November 2017
Another good Rosamunde Pilcher read, excellent for curling up in a chair & relaxing
on 21 September 2016
A story that starts with an innocent young woman who thinks she is looking after her eccentric father, and ends with her facing some grim realities from which her father has been protecting her. Happily, there are some reliable characters,too, which give her fresh hope for the future.
on 11 October 2016
A pleasant if short story which I felt could have been longer. I wanted to know more about what happened and felt I had come in in the middle of the story.
on 5 October 2016
I read this on holiday and was not disappointed, in fact the end came all too soon and I was expecting many more things to happen! Still a good easy read.
on 2 April 2018
I can't fault Pilcher. I love all her books.