Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 9 January 2015
I loved this book - after loving The One plus One, I tried an other JoJo Moyes but couldn't get into it. Then I found this - wonderful story, brilliantly unfolded and told.

I gave this 5 stars, which is something I reserve for what is the very best with no complaints. The mini-portraits of each character's pasts were enough to engage the reader - and if the author was using 4 'types of brides' and the device of throwing the 4 extremes together,that didn't matter, as they were so well drawn, and their interactions believable.

The mystery of Frances was well kept and her ultimate position as bride cleverly revealed to keep you reading.

Perhaps my only critique is that the tale of France's background, of how she came to be so reserved, was possibly the least compelling writing. Though its story was believable, it felt like hurried writing: on the other hand, it could've taken a whole book to itself.
on 9 May 2017
This lady always manages to make me cry with her stories.
I wasn't sure of it for the first few chapters, although this tends to be usual for me for her books, but I loved it. I really wanted to know what happened to the ladies once they left the boat... Needed to know more!
Recommended.
As usual Jo Jo Moyes does not disappoint. A really great story that kept me captivated. Could no try put the book down. Would recommend this book and authors
on 3 March 2017
Great book
on 12 March 2017
Absolutely loved it. The characters came alive as the story progressed and I enjoyed reading about a moment in history that had previously escaped me. A really satisfying read and one that I couldn't wait to get back to each time I put it down. One of my favourite Jo Jo Moyes novels.
on 9 September 2016
I loved reading this story, so heartwarming and emotionally.This us the third book of Jojo Moyes that I've read and enjoyed them all,so looking forward to reading more.Well dine Jojo.
on 8 September 2016
I absolutely loved this book, for me it was one of those books you're gutted when you finish it and wanted to read it all over again.
on 8 March 2017
The story is fascinating and I couldn't put the book down. A beautiful story. Well written. I will be reading another one of her books.
on 2 July 2016
Another great read by one of my favourite authors. An interesting insight into a historical event- leaving me with the satisfaction of learning about this event too.
on 26 April 2017
Great book loved all the different stories about the different girls .from all walks of life rich and poor pretty and not so pretty.