VINE VOICEon 26 January 2017
The main reason I bought this was after the passing of Rick, I stumbled across this dvd. I wasn't a fan back in 1982 but I did like some of the songs I had heard over the years on Top Of The Pops and BBC Radio 1. I asked mum and dad if I could watch the concert on TV. Only 1 tv in the household. That Xmas I received the tin of "From The Makers Of...".
About 36 vinyl lps later...
I put the dvd in and thoroughly enjoyed reliving the show. Wonderful to hear TV (Tommy Vance) on the tv, another sadly missed character. I had forgotten about his song introductions on the broadcast. What I do remember and it isn't here, prior to the concert "Charlie, Charlie..." was introduced in the Royal line up to the Quo and was presented with a GOLD tin of FTMO...
The broadcast is 50 minutes and not the entire concert. I will not be waiting another 35 years to watch this again (and again).

All of the dvd is listed as 4:3 aspect ratio. However, it takes the whole of a 16:9 tv screen without be disproportionate. Another bonus.
What is lacking is a high quality sound and also the 5.1 is lacking. This isn't a problem for me. I can play Live At The NEC cd or the XS video hits dvd. EXTRA TRACKS not on LIVE AT THE NEC cd are DIRTY WATER and DOWN DOWN so glad they are on this dvd.

The TOP OF THE POPS performances are not all of them. No Rick falling into the drum kit. Mystery Song is the video version not TOTPs. Most of these are not "live", but they are a great reminder of how the nation loved TOTPs, with it's miming and occasional blooper, there is one obvious to the viewer regarding a title caption, I won't spoil your fun in spotting it.

The BBC Bonuses are worth a watch. The OGWT interview is non-important. Very sadly the Roadhouse Blues Medley is faded out mid song. A shame as it was being played live.

Overall, an excellent purchase. Full of nostalgia.
One person found this helpful
on 10 May 2017
its all about the good old days when QUO were QUO I have been a QUO fan all my days from the late sixties and still enjoy there music but I still prefer the old stuff always
on 12 April 2012
i love this d.v.d. because it reminds me how old we're getting.
it goes back to the originals, to present line up. since i was
and still am , a mad fan, i find how good the guys are. just think
how old they are, and they're still able to keep up with the times.

ted turner.
4 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2011
"Live at the NEC 1982" would have been far better if there were no comments between songs. And, above all, if all the songs that can be seen on the VHS had been included in this DVD...
(excuse my broken english, I'm french!)
12 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2018
If you love Status Quo then this is for you. Great to see them in concert in 1982 and also clips of their Top of the Pops career.
on 10 January 2018
fab.
on 11 June 2018
Good history
on 23 June 2016
some good lod rock n roll , quo fans will love it
on 4 August 2015
last dvd was faulty but got this one and got it on at the moment thank you amazon
on 1 March 2014
Bought for my husband for Christmas. He enjoyed it very much, and you can play many times and still be well entertained.