Colour: Sprout Green Cap|Change
Price:£11.07+ Free shipping

on 6 September 2014
I am something of a water bottle afficionado, and when I say that this is the best water bottle I have had yet then you know I mean it. The form factor is sleek and refined, with an elegant and dare I say sexy lid. If this bottle were a woman it would turn heads at every opportunity. I have received 2 compliments on this water bottle since I purchased it last week, which is 2 more than any other water bottle I have ever owned. I now look at my clunky aluminium SIGG with nothing but disgust, my Nalgene Wide Mouth (my previous daily drinker) sits in a corner collecting dust and my exceedingly expensive Punc remains a relic of the past. The OTF® is simply superior in every aspect, from the attractively angled spout to the ingenious anterior indentation which makes issues with grip simply non-existent (SIGG take note). Now I know exactly what you're thinking: "But what about the Klean Kanteen? Isn't this Nalgene OTF® bottle simply a replica of the 2002 Klean Kanteen Classic®, without the added benefit of being stainless steel?" That is a very interesting question, and while one might debate the design features which lead many to foolishly claim that the OTF® is a blatant reproduction of the innovative 2002 Klean Kanteen Classic® (a claim which has already been refuted for many given Nalgene's previous iteration of this product line, the On The Go®) this is neither the time nor place for such a discussion. What is necessary to address is the fact that the Eastman Tritan® copolyester in this bottle is far superior to stainless steel in any form in my opinion based on my extensive testing where I compared compressive strength and the weight-to-volume ratio (just to name a few). In summary this is a top tier water bottle which I would recommend to my own mother without a second thought, and receives a well deserved five stars.
on 4 May 2013
It may seem a little strange to get excited about a drinks bottle however I must say this product does just that! I bought it to encourage myself to drink more which has worked very well indeed! So here are the Pro's and Con's.

Pro's
The capacity is 650ml which may seem strange but when you think about it that's a third of your recommended daily water intake.

The plastic is non-toxic which is a huge plus point!

The plastic bottle is rigid...you can't scrunch it up. It feels very strong and I think it will last a long time.

The cap is fantastic. It can be opened with one hand which makes it convenient.

There is absolutely no chance of it leaking due to a large rubber seal on the inside.

The drinking hole is large which means you can drink a lot quickly. I much prefer this to a pressurized one where you have to suck and lots of air gets in!

Con's

I could understand the price putting some people off.
on 5 March 2013
I bought this bottle to replace my Thermos water bottle which leaked from day 1. This bottle looks really really good. The plastic body is easy to hold & very clear (the writing on the body in the picture is a label). The bottle holds 650ml. The top screws off to refill the bottle or you could just open the lid & refill through the mouthpiece. Unlike some reviewers, I did not find any problems with closing the bottle. Easily done with my thumb. I have carried the full bottle around by the lid/holder with no problems (without the safety catch in place!). If you have any worries there is also a metal safety catch. I will admit I did drop the bottle without the metal safety catch in place & it did open & spill water everywhere. To be fair it was from a height onto a hard surface. The bottle isn't even marked after that. I would have no problem recommending this bottle to anyone.
on 9 May 2016
I wanted another water bottle. I did have a 1L Nalgene narrow bottle until my son commandeered it. The problem with the narrow bottle is it is hard to get ice into it and clean. The 1L bottle is also quite big to fit in the side pocket of my rucksack.The wide neck drops water down the user when drinking. I have Camelback Eddy bottle which is about the same capacity as the OFT but you suck on a plastic teat that is exposed to the elements. This bottle has a wide neck for ice and cleaning but a clever lid for sipping through and a lock to create a seal.
So far I am impressed with it but it does not seem as robust as the 1L bottle but I have not dropped it to find out! I am interested to see how the metal wire loop will work that locks the sipping lid. That is why I have given only 4 stars. It might not be a problem: nobody has raised this as an issue.
This bottle has 2 closing mechanisms - a push button, and a backup metal clip. I once put my bottle in my bag, full, upside down by mistake, using the clip closing mechanism only, and only realised 5 hours later when I went to use it. It did not leak.

I've owned it for six months now, used it virtually every day, and not once has it leaked.

It also has no plastic taste. Until now I have avoided plastic bottles because I believed that all plastic bottles make the contents taste of plastic.

One advantage of the narrow-neck OTF over a wide neck Nalgene bottle - I once knocked the OTF over. I was surprised how little of the contents I spilt - it simply can't pour out very quickly because the neck isn't very large (approximately 2.5 cm in diameter).

May I suggest that you don't reuse plastic supermarket water bottles for your kids' packed lunches (or your own)? It's not recommended, apparently, because of the type of plastic used for the bottle. Supermarket bottles are, apparently, not intended for anything more than one use. I have no idea if the health scares are true - I just believe that an expensive bottle is more likely to be safer than a 50p one.

Incidentally, I wouldn't use the OTF for hillwalking as they are not unbreakable. If you drop it accidentally and it breaks, you've got a major problem. Personally I use an aluminium bottle for hillwalking. But for everyday drinking I use the OTF as it is so much better designed than an aluminium bottle.

My only gripe - the base is slightly too broad to fit in my car cup holder. In case you want to know if it'll fit in yours (and being far too anal here for my own good), I've just measured it - it is approximately 7.2 cm in diameter.

I really like this bottle.
 The best way to show you what this bottle is like and its features is via a video, so I have made a video review. If you do not enlarge the video to full screen, it sometimes plays with sound but no video (a blank, black screen) - this seems to be an Amazon glitch. To cure it, press the 'full screen' icon. If you are reading this on a mobile phone, you may be unable to view the video - you will be able to watch it on a computer or tablet.

I've owned it for three years now, used it virtually every day, and not once has it leaked.

I really like this bottle.
on 19 August 2015
As far as I'm concerned this ticks every box.
The use of high quality plastics eliminates the risk of chemicals being transferred to the water and also stops that's typical 'plastic taste' associated with cheaper bottles.
The top never accidentally comes open. There is a double lock system but even with the usual push button lock only I've never had any problems. It's been shoved into the bottom of a gym bag and then lugged across town without any problems.
The lockable lid also protects the water spout which means it can be used for cycling. If you've had mud and road water sprayed up all over the bottle the last thing you want to be doing is sticking your lips onto it!
Overall I'm incredibly impressed, to the extent that I've purchased two, one for home and one for work.
Update: 17/02/206 - the water bottle is still excellent and I have now ordered another for the girlfriend. Can't recommend these highly enough!
on 30 May 2016
Absolutely perfect water bottle for work. It can be easily opened, closed and secured with one hand and has a wide enough spout to drink loads when you need. I have been using it religiously for the last week and there is no residual smell or taste the odd time I have added cordial which has been a severe problem with other water bottles I have used in the past.

I have now purchased 2 of these, one for my partner and one for me. Can't recommend highly enough.
on 24 May 2016
Been using this bottle for about a year now, and it's a tough beast.

It's been thrown into bags, dropped on numerous occasions and bounced around in a bike bottle cage for several hundred miles. It's looking a little scuffed and hazy in places, but still solid.

The lid is great, once 'unpopped' it will lock into an upright position so it doesn't fall on your face whilst using it, which is nice, but if you still don't trust it, it's also the ideal position to keep your finger on it to hold it open. When closed, even without the locking bale in place, it doesn't leak. With the locking bale in place, you can throw it around and it's not going to open.

I've read reports of some people having problems with black appearing around the inner seal, but mine still looks exactly the same as when I bought it.

If you want a tough bottle that will last for ages, get one of these.
on 17 May 2011
After HOURS of research this bottle seemed to come out on top and meet all my requirements. It is easy to hold, clean and drink from. There is no taste from the plastic, it is totally sealed and never leaks and it is sturdy but compact. My only issue is it requires a lot of force to close initially. You need to press down very firmly. However, this ensures that it is definitely closed (there is also an extra safe clip lock for when you are transporting it and not regularly drinking from it) and you can be assured it will not leak. All in all a fantastic, well designed product. All my friends are getting them!