on 22 August 2017
This is such a help. I purchased it so that I didn't have to bend during the healing process of a cataract operation. I pick up teeny stuff, my shoes, knocked a can of corned beef out off the cupboard, picked it up and put it back, pull the soap powder out from under the sink, lift it up to the work top, same with the fabric conditioner, dropped pegs out in the drying green, pencil, letters from behind the door. I am going crazy doing stuff with it. It better not break! What a helping hand.
on 4 May 2017
Its just ok. Pretty flimsy. Couldnt pick up a tin from a high shelf for instance. I am having a hip replacement shortly but not sure how much use it will be. It couldnt pull up jeans, or the cats bowls from the floor. Might be handy for very light items and perhaps I misunderstood the purpose. The instructions said a straight trigger handle, mine is curved, though its fine but might not be so good for bigger hands.
on 8 April 2017
Great for someone who has trouble bending and stretching. I bought for my husband who was pretty sceptical to say the least, until I caught him scouring the house and garden to see what it 'wouldn't' pick up. When I asked him what he thought he said with a smile "A very useful little gadget" It hasn't cured his bad back but it has made life a lot easier, and mine! Just ordered another for my father in law!

A good product and reasonably priced!
on 18 September 2017
It's OK, I was hoping that it was more grippy than it actually turned out to be, I also question the durability of it with just a cord operating the grip/trigger mechanism.

In fact the trigger does seem to be particularly flimsy.

No good whatsoever for helping you to put socks on either.
on 14 August 2017
Nice product, easy to manipulate, and nice to handle. Dragged my washing basket up a step or two and lifted individual items of washing of all shapes and sizes. Also managed to pick up a criticially important slip of paper which would otherwise have been out of my reach: no problem for the reacher. Very useful!
on 6 June 2017
My sister fell and hurt her ribs and had trouble reaching for things or picking anything up from the floor. This gadget was really useful in helping her with these difficulties and now that she is no longer in pain she still uses it as it is so convenient and helpful.
on 13 April 2017
Excellent reach. Light and easy for somebody with weak hands to use.You can hang it up - or hang it over a door knob like we do!
on 28 May 2017
a1
on 2 April 2015
When my Mum died one of the things I kept was her 'Helping Hand Reacher'. Though I am not disabled I have found it invaluable for picking things up when 'dropped down the back of.......', rolled under......., etc. When it broke (by misuse on my part) I immediately bought another (longer) one!
on 8 December 2013
This is a useful gadget and it does what I want very well. I did wonder if robustness might be a problem as I've had similar reachers which break, but no fears on that score. There is no obvious reason why this one is more robust than some, but it is! Use it for light pickups like letters and dropped earrings. Don't push your luck angling for e.g. a tin of beans!