on 17 December 2010
Wow, super fast delivery, even with the terrible weather conditions, that in itself was impressive and then I opened it........ what can I say, its brilliant, I have a built in webcam which is fuzzy and dark so I thought I would try this little gem after reading the reviews and I am so happy that I did, the picture is crystal clear, the sound is great and its neat, doesnt mark my laptop, for once I have something that is exactly how it was described and at a really good price, I would highly recommend this webcam, there is no messing around, you just plug it in and thats it, so easy hassle free and above all exceptional quality.
22 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2010
Had no problems setting this up - just plugged it into my computer (running XP) and then Windows set it up without using any software or drivers. Started up Skype, and there I was! Really pleased with the clarity of picture, and the mic seems to work fine on Skype, too. Would recomend.
on 20 October 2010
Although for a laptop, I've used this Webcam on my desktop using MSN to see my live feed. The colours are clear and smooth with a good actual time frame. A quality product with a microphone inbuilt and an adjustable focus on the lens, which are great extras.

Very flexible, multi directional movement from the base of the webcam means that you can record from any position possible. I prefer the fixing clamp back to front on my monitor although it does look much more minimalistic as pictured above.

It also has a picture button for taking snap shots. I recommend this product wholeheartedly, really good value for money.
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2011
Great little product. Just what you need and nothing else fancy Schnancy.
Thankyou for a prompt and fast delivery. Easy to set up, pluggd it in and I was good to go (Recommend to load Skype before this product is installed and Skype automatically loads when the drivers are found, that simple).
on 18 April 2012
It shouldn't be hard to find a decent web cam at a reasonable price to use with applications like Skype, etc, but there are so many reviews that are extremely critical.

I wanted a small, inexpensive solution that worked out of the box and didn't required packets of "Blu-Tack" to keep in place or a cable too bulky that didn't "move" the camera.

Firstly this web cam is small. Really small. (I've posted a picture and compare the camera to the size of the USB plug it comes with).

Next, some other reviews are confusing regarding a separate microphone lead. In my version (Apr 2012), there is one USB plug, nothing else.

The cable is really lightweight and no chance of moving the camera unless you inadvertently snag the cable.

I run Windows Vista Home Premium; it worked instantly (with Skype) and didn't need additional drivers. (I've also tried it on XP Pro without issue).

The only slight downsides? The base stand hinges at the rear and allows the camera to therefore "sit" on a monitor. There is no "spring" clamp and uses gravity to stay in place (which is does) and a small lip at the front of the stand to stop it sliding backwards. Blu-Tack may actually be needed after all...

The manual focus ring on the front of the camera is stiff but "ok" - but once you've set it, why would you need to keep changing it?

Summary - small, inexpensive, it works (with Skype and Lync on Windows XP and Vista), unobtrusive and great delivery service from the vendor. A good buy.
review image
on 29 January 2011
Pros:
Firstly, the webcam requires no set-up whatsoever, simply plug it in and go- very nice!
Secondly, the sound and picture quality is just fine, in fact, I was quite impressed. It's a cheap webcam and I did not have high expectations. However, I found that the sound quality was good and the video reasonably sharp- it also doesn't appear to freeze or pixelate when you move, which is good.

Cons:
The problem with this webcam is that the cable, while it is a good length, is too stiff and heavy, and the ball joint too loose; the webcam points toward the ceiling when attached to the top of my laptop- not impressed! I did find that continually bending the cable near the webcam helps somewhat, to make the wire more flexible so that it doesn't tip itself quite so badly, but it is not ideal and the inconsistancy of the device's ability to hold itself in place is a major flaw and, surely, one that would be relatively easy to fix?

Conclusion:
If the webcam would actually point where I would like it to, it would almost certainly have achieved at least 4 stars from me, however I am not greatly impressed with how long it took for me to get the camera to stay in the position I want it to, and how careful I have to be to make it remain that way, to save further hassle having to re-adjust it when it moves. Being that it was so cheap, I am giving it 3 stars- you get what you pay for, I guess!
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2010
I am a university student needing a high-quality webcam for as little as possible. This is exactly what I found in the Kinobo B7. At first I had a slight issue with which I e-mail the company selling this product and quickly had a reply. If there is one thing I really like in a company it is good customer service, and I cannot stress enough the level of professionalism and care that was showed to me. Many companies would do no wrong learning a lesson or two from these guys.

The product itself is fantastic, a high quality picture with a great microphone. I used it for the first time contacting a friend from back home and absolutely loved it. I will definitely be recommending this company, and using them again in future.
on 2 September 2011
Bought this because the built in webcam and microphone on my childrens' laptop didn't work with Google video chat. Plugged this in and it worked instantly, no configuration or driver loading of any kind required. Sound and picture quality are perfectly adequate for video chat use which is all we need.
Some reviews here refer to a separate microphone plug - the latest version does not have one, just a USB plug.
on 10 October 2011
Read the other reviews and have to say that I agree with the comments made! This is just SO easy to set up (just plug and play), the picture (adjustable lens included) and sound quality are very good and no problem at all with using on skype! Like the button to take pictures too!

Have had no problems with fixing this to my laptop like some reviewers as once it is balanced on the laptop it is quite stable and easy to aim in the right direction! It looks good, works well and is, at this price, very good value for money!!

Would reccomend!
on 24 June 2014
Don't be put off by the word "laptop" in the description, it works perfectly on a desktop as well. I bought my first one a couple of years ago and then my son nicked it. I bought a second one a month ago...and now my daughter's discovered Skype, and nicked it. So I've just order my third, and hopefully I'll get to keep this one.

It combines a microphone and webcam, running off one USB connection, and the quality is excellent. There is no buzz or hum, and the microphone picks up my voice easily from 18 inches away on top of the monitor.

Installation is a breeze, you just plug it in and Windows finds it in about 30 seconds.

Is there anything wrong with it? No. But a couple of things to be aware of. The stand is very simple and just folds out on a little hinge with rubber pads for it to grip the top of the monitor. Which means it kind of "sits" on things rather than "fits" on them. If you wave your hands around too much you could easily knock it off. Secondly focus is controlled by gently turning the lens, so if you're a bit heavy-handed while moving it and things suddenly look blurry, just turn the lens barrel till it comes back.

A very good quality buy. Heartily recommeded by me.