TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 January 2011
Saw Imelda and her fabulous band play live on the Graham Norton tv show. They performed "Inside Out" and I was absolutely blown away by the band and this song.
I ordered the album immediately. It's great - but for one little niggle.
The version of "Inside Out" on this album is way slower than the version I heard on the telly. And it's not as good as the faster version.
So, as that was the reason I bought the CD, I am very disappointed. However, because Imelda and her band are so talented and the songs are good I have only knocked off one star.
Her rockabilly influences are obvious but you can also hear traces of all the other fabulous music this talented girl has grown up with and soaked up as she has progressed.
And I can't say often enough how wonderful it is to hear REAL musicians play REAL instruments and who perform their music with passion and feeling.
Music like this has been pushed out by X Factor and MTV video or rather auto-tuned & pro-tooled "stars" - and its nice to hear it making a come back.
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2012
I'd heard about Imelda Mae for at least a year before I heard her, on Jools Holland. Then it took a bit longer to buy the CD. Why did I wait? This is original, eclectic, fun, witty and Imelda can really sing! This reminds me of Paolo Nuttini in many ways it has the same throwback style, in Nuttini's case to Latin and BosasaNova in this case to Honky-Tonk and Hillbilly merged with Jazz and Swing. Like Nuttini, the music lulls you into a false sense of security with its familiar rhythms but the lyrics have all the edginess expected from a modern writer. There is a raw sensuality to many of them too. The production is spot on, with a punch sound and clarity that allows every nuance of the vocals to shine through. Now if I can only find a local gig to hear her live!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 March 2017
I really think emelda may fantastic singer and all the songs are brilliant and I love listening to it and I have all her cds, and I would diffantly recommend this cd, and it was a very good service and delivery by the seller.
on 27 May 2014
Heard Imelda on BBC Breakfast then looked at her band on Jules Holland (YouTube) - Brilliant! - so looked for her CD's on Amazon. Chose Love Tattoo as it has 'Johnny Got a Boom Boom' and the rest of the tracks are all very good. Also bought 'Mayhem' CD. It has another version of 'Johnny Got a Boom Boom' listed as 'Mayhem'. (There are 2 'Mayhem' tracks listed).

Both CD's have many good tracks for dancing Salsa to or just partying - they make you want to dance - a problem whilst listening to them in the car.
on 24 October 2013
I have always been a fan of the modern rockabilly genre although it never seemed to ever take off, even when bands such as the Stray Cats brought to the UK in the 80s. If you like all that twangy guitar and lyrics belted out as if you were in a sawdust on the floor pub than this is for you. Good rW Rock and roll and a great cover of Tainted Love in the rockabilly style. I do believe it was originally a rockabilly song but don't quote me on that! Would love to see her live.
on 2 February 2016
This is a very polished album which is a fun, rockabllly MAYHEM...Imelda sings her heart out, she is such a little belter. After seeing her live in Perth W.A one wonders where that powerful voice comes from. This cd does her justice in that you could be mistaken for her being right there in your room singing live.
on 1 March 2016
IMHO Imelda May's finest album, admittedly I have never watched her perform. But as a mear Male I listen to this album above all others whilest in my car, a real bop record. The only track that comes close is "Wicked Way".
And is that Valve amps being used by the backing ? marvelous...
on 9 February 2018
Great album. Play it all the time in my car
on 11 May 2015
Imelda May - Absolutely brilliant, and what superb backing music. I've been listening to all kinds of music for years and I'm delighted to say that she is the most accomplished vocalist that I have ever heard, she's an absolute smash.
on 9 June 2014
This album is very nice to listen, since its songs have a continuous rhythm accompanied by the artist's warm voice in a resulting mixing style of fusion, pop and rock(abilly).

They come nice to be danced in couple.

A little mayhem, a big effect.