Customer reviews

on 1 January 2008
I'm just a home user and this book did provide some useful tips. Where it fell short though was when it came to giving 'easy to understand' descriptions of how things in Vista work. All I wanted to know sometimes was how to just do the simplest of things in the quickest way - I don't really want to know all the technical details - but I found myself having to read many things over and over before i got the gist of what was being explained.

I know most people are probably more into computers than i am and maybe they need to know all the technical stuff. I guess I just got the wrong guide.

It is nicely written and laid out though and for people who are IT professionals it will probably make much more sense than it did to me.
on 4 April 2007
If you are an IT pro looking for inforamtion on Vista, this is NOT the book for you. Unlike the [..] it does not contain any information on how to deploy Vista using automated setups, sysprep etc. Nor does it contain any information about domain integration, group policy or enterprise system management.

For home users there is plenty about how to configure your media player, how to do an in place upgrade etc. I give it 2 stars only for the home user. 0 for the IT pro.
on 17 September 2015
this was a great help a lot thank you I will buy again