Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£14.43

on 21 October 2013
This is the best book ever written for Access database - and not only written for Access 2010, but it also works with other recent versions of access.

It teaches you from basic to expert programmer's level. Even running your database through the web is covered. The best book - I have tried virtually all books on Access database but this is the one to get. Everything is written in a very simple language too.
on 1 December 2012
A well laid out, well written manual that can be used for reference or can lead you through the features of Access bit by bit. Whilst I was already familiar with many of the concepts, it was nice to go back and read the book as if I was a beginner. In so doing a number of tricks and features were revealed that I had not previously found.

Having the Kindle version of the book has proved useful - it means I always have it to hand without lugging the paper version around from home to work, from work to the client, and so forth.
on 13 December 2013
The book structure follows Micrsoft's online guidance. It covers everything from what a database is (why the exist) through to how to set up complex queries and reports. An all-in-one guide. It also touched on SharePoint integration and interaction with other services. An IT pro looking for SQL integration may want a more advanced book. This is a great book for people who have never even heard of database or Access before, through to people wishing to set up a mid-sized buisiness database with forms for end-users to input data and queries to run report on. It's clear, well-written, easy-to-read, logically structured and far better companian to Access than a Dummies guide to, SAMS guides, or Microsoft's own offerings online. Worth every penny. Beast of a book though at 820 or so Pages (lots of diagrams/screenshots).
on 2 August 2013
After migrating from Access 2003 to 2010 I had become somewhat lost until I stumbled across this book. It goes much further than the online tutorials, providing answers in a clear way. However, the book does become a bit muddy when trying to insert code for some specific tasks which is why it only gets 4 stars
on 29 June 2012
An excellent book, easy to read and follow as well as comprehensive in its coverage. As a complete access novice, I went from zero to a fully functional database in just under 3 weeks. I would recommend it to anyone starting out with Access2010.
on 28 October 2013
I have found it necessary to write a database for the Railroad Modelling Group members who are part of the World Wide Group of the N Gauge Society. This needed to be searchable in various ways, hold members details and enable us to chase members who were laggard in the payment of the subscriptions. Finding out how to do this without a lot of trial and error was easily managed by using this book. It takes the student/user from absolute basics to the more 'high-flying' topics in gentle steps. The book is a tad heavy to carry around in a briefcase or computer bag but sits on the shelf above my desk and lifts down quite easily.
on 18 July 2014
This is a clear concise manual with lots of clear diagrams, also if you go to the web addresses provided you can download the examples in the book. The only thing that disapoints me is you have to pay if you want updates to this book. All in all I like this book and may be tempted in future to buy other books in the series.
on 22 November 2014
Very good book. It is an excellent guide for beginners but also offers some good advice for frequent Access users. It is a very good go to for any questions you may have about Access. I keep a copy with me at work!!! The book covers the basics and moves into the more advanced areas of relationships, forms and macros.
on 4 March 2013
Thought I needed to drag myself kicking and screaming up to speed with 2010. This looks like to book to do it with. Written with a bit of tongue in cheek humour - it seems to fit the bill reaqlly well. Has been very helpful so far.
on 8 November 2012
I learnt everything I needed to from this book. Eventually!

I bought the kindle version, but wish I'd bought the book. A lot easier to use when your flipping backwards and forwards for the detail.