Customer reviews

Leaving [DVD] [2009]
Format: DVD|Change

on 21 February 2013
very like a francois truffaut - a 'lovely' film with enormous sensitivity and beautifully acted. kst is superb in this
on 30 April 2012
I love watching Kirsten Scott Thomas in French films. This one is no exception. Last year I bought the film I am LOVE with Tilda Swindon, and it seems to echo similar scenes, but a totally different story. Kirsten plays a wife whose husband takes her for granted...she finds herself falling in love with a Spanish handy man who comes to the house to help clear out a room. It's very passionate and intense. So puts everything at risk to be with him, throwing all logic to the wind. All she wants is to be with him...it's beautiful, but sad at the same time. I've watched it twice. It's a great French film to have in your collection.
on 1 June 2014
Watched it over and over. This is a very well made movie and would recommend it to anyone, thank you
on 22 March 2015
I watched this film last night. The previous Saturday, I saw something called Knocked Up. Both are about unlikely love affairs, but there the similarity ends. Knocked up is unbearably tedious, while this film is fascinating and intriguing. That KST's character should fall so hopelessly in love with the builder is not made entirely convincing, but that is the only real downside.
on 12 January 2015
I really enjoyed watching it. A woman's film though - not sure my husband was so impressed!
on 17 October 2014
this woman can act, and in french - heartrending, painful, the guillotine in inevitable
on 22 April 2015
Well Acted by Kirstin Scott and not a predictable ending. I liked this a lot.
on 20 May 2015
Very good product by top seller A + + + highly recommended
on 6 April 2013
I would love it, got the DVD alright, but it does not play on my PC nor at the TV. I don`t know whats wrong,. It shows all the trailers but the actual film is pxulated, not to look at. Can you help me please? Other DVD`s I ordered play well - so what?
on 10 April 2015
The story is gripping and KST is fantastic in this role.