on 16 November 2016
These placemats are lovely and so much cheaper than buying from a department store for similar products. The mats themselves (8 placemats and coasters) came in the post fine and make a lovely addition to our dining room table. However, the free gift was broken - snapped in two. Because it was a free gift, I haven't bothered returning the whole box as it didn't seem worth the effort, but it is a shame, as it would have been a useful addition to the set.
As some other reviewers have noted, the mats do occassionally chip away at the edges, leaving tiny flecks of slate on the table - I think this is to be expected with the style of the natural slate product, but I wouldn't use them if you're after a pristine clean look.
4 people found this helpful
on 12 November 2017
I ordered these place mats and coasters based on the great reviews and I'm so glad I did! I love them,they are a perfect size and the quality is excellent . I have seen many far more expensive and they have looked cheap and nasty . These mats look lovely on my oak table in a cottage kitchen and the free little runner is perfect for a candle or the condiments when being used . I am keeping the mats out on the table as they are too nice to hide away until meal times!.....if you are considering purchasing this set then you won't be dissapointed . They came packed well and gift boxed ,lovely to protect the extra ones kept away till needed . These are my Best Buy ever in my new kitchen!😊
2 people found this helpful
on 27 August 2017
Great product just what I wanted. They came well packaged and included a free gift. The slates have a good quality rubber backing just perfect for my new table which is due soon. Can't wait to try them out.

PS: I'd already written a good review of this product but Amazon chose to reject for some unknown reason
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 June 2017
A very nice set for the money, especially given that there are eight coasters, eight placemats and a condiment tray. The slate is well finished with a nice flat surface and quite minor serration of the edges, just enough to give it that hand made feel. The felt / sponge base is firm and feels substantial enough to last so it won't start peeling off leaving the slate to scratch the table. Consistent colour across all pieces of slate so it really does look like a set. pleased with it and recommended.
on 30 September 2016
Place mats were of good quality, beautifully finished off, with a backing to stop any scratching if you wanted to put them on a table without a table cloth. Each of the 16 mats were perfect. 10/10 Buy Them.
3 people found this helpful
on 7 January 2017
Very pleased with these. Arrived safely, well packaged. Reasonably good value I think. Would recommend.

Note that the maker recommends you store the placemats upright (rather than stacked) to avoid damage. Something to consider as it does make storage a little more awkward than simply stacking them in a drawer.

Overall though - very happy.
on 23 May 2017
What a fantastic set of Slate Placemats. They were a massive hit for my wife. I bought them as an Anniversary gift and she loved them.
I can't fault the product or the delivery time. Everything was perfect. If you are looking for slate, look no further, they will not disappoint.
on 22 October 2016
Again, unlike some slate products these are thick and well protected underneath. They are beautifully finished and look gorgeous. Couldn't be happier.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2017
Ordered yesterday afternoon, they arrived this morning (using Prime). VERY well packaged and all items intact. They look fantastic on my table, excellent quality and felt backed for protection of the table, well worth the money - I'd definitely recommend them! :D
on 8 December 2017
Love these
I had some for xmas last year and they are lovely quality. The free runner was in half when we opened the box but I think this is because it was literally packed at the side of the box with nothing around it to protect it. My daughter in law is going to love them.