Customer reviews

Great CD
on 28 May 2017
Great cd
on 31 May 2017
Volbeat just cant seem to do a bad song or album, love it !
on 27 September 2017
Was a present, happy hubby!
on 22 March 2017
Great album.
on 21 June 2017
Maybe not the best of Volbeat's records but good quality music.
on 20 September 2017
ace brill band!
on 2 January 2015
I love Volbeat. They're not what I'd usually listen to but the vocals/accent, the musicianship and the songs really make me feel a connection with the music. Volbeat are a band I'd recommend to everyone, but I think they'd be more appreciated by fans of hard rock. I'd say this album is definately worth checking out if you've not heard it.
on 7 November 2010
Volbeat are a Danish outfit who have been on the scene for most of the noughties, and with the greatest of respect to the previous reviewer, I totally agree with their star rating but not the description. I would put this down as a down 'n dirty cross between Metallica, and the Misfits, with a huge psychobilly influence and perhaps even elements of Elvis and Johnny Cash.

Curiously the blend of the above elements gives the album a Green Day-esque sound, and when you can be compared to that genius of a band there really is no higher compliment, because make no mistake, this is THE rock album of the year. The melodies on display here are at times incomparable (or at least only to Green Day) - it is difficult to pick out a best track here, such is the standard on offer, but opener 'the Mirror and the Ripper' the Metallica-esque 'who they are' and the shimmering 'a better believer stand out. But the whole project is simply a joy. Volbeat have a big following in their native Denmark but are relatively unknown elsewhere. This won't remain the case for long...you know what to do.
on 10 March 2013
I had got to the stage of being stuck in my old 'likes', then someone recommended volbeat to me. loved all but one song, and evelyn is growing on me.this is a band that should be listened to more!! p.s. don't want to give away my age, but grew up on deep purple, led zep,,etc; and this band is a worthy successor to that genre!