Price:£14.47 - £298.28

on 28 April 2014
Much as I like the occasional bottle of Evian it's a bit on the pricey side to drink all the time so I try and stick to tap water. However, although the place I currently work has a plumbed in water filter there is a strange edict which disallows the filling of water bottles from it and as i am loathe to have a pint glass on my desk (too many clumsy moments in the past where I've ruined keyboards with water spills) I needed a bottle. Unfortunately the tap water is rank - I have no idea why but it has a curious and unpleasant taste.

I've had a Bobble Bottle in the past and it works OK but was too flawed for my liking (the filters leach bits of carbon no matter how much you rinse them, the bottles get permanent creases the first time you use them and they make a hell of a noise when they try and draw air in after drinking amongst other things) and they were overpriced for what you got. I've always liked Camelbak gear and have a number of their various drinking vessels so I figured that this would likely be worth the cash. I did also consider the Brita filter bottle but they are similarly price yet the filters (which are not cheap) only last about a week which seemed like a bit of a scam to me.

The biggest bonus here is the 180 litre life of the filter which actually makes them very economical despite the fact that the filters look expensive to start with. Buy in bulk and save and then think about how many other brand filters you'd have to use compared to these.

In addition, the bottle is well made and the horrible water taste has totally gone. Couldn't ask for more really.
on 26 September 2011
Love this bottle!!! I use it everyday, to carry water in my handbag. I also use it in the gym as it fits well into exercise machine water holders. I have tried other filtering bottles, and would recommend this ahead of others as the filter seems to work better. Easy to clean. The carry handle is useful and allows you to carry it easily when you don't have a bag.
on 27 January 2014
This bottle is great, its nice looking, has a hook for a bag and has a great cap. However the tube in the middle does not go all the way to the bottom and this means there is always approximately 20-30ml left at the bottom. Its nothing too bad but it is a bit of a flaw. Also the filters are £5 each at the cheapest I can find so not cheap for aftercare.
on 31 January 2014
i am using it since day one. for about 2 months already, bought the filters and i can say taht this is the real deal. once you understand how to "use/drink" it... its just a perfect adition to your daily life. i would defo recommend it.
on 22 May 2013
I love the original camel back water bottles. They recently removed our filter water at work so I wanted a filter water bottle to drink from. I tried the Britta bottle but this leaked and you couldnt get much water out to drink. This has all the same functionality of hte camel back bottle but with a filter. I love it, it will be coming with my on holiday this year too! East to clean and use again and again
on 24 February 2016
I purchased this bottle last summer as I hate the taste of our tap water. I have not been disappointed with the filtering capabilities and will now happily drink water from this bottle, which has helped me to increase my water intake.
I have had no issues with the bottle leaking. I take it apart and give it a really thorough wash once a week and just rinse it out in between times.
The bite valve takes some getting used to, but is fine once you've got the knack of it. It doesn't make any silly noises like the bobble bottles do when the suck the air back in.
You can't quite drink to the bottom of the bottle, so there is always a little bit left, but I don't find this to be an issue at all.
I am very happy with my purchase and carried out considerable research before committing to it. I am purchasing replacement filters which prompted me to come on and review this bottle, now that I've fully experienced it.
on 23 January 2012
Bought this after getting a mouthful of chlorine from a glass of tap water. Fill the bottle from the tap, sip through the top - and hey presto, no chlorine taste !

The mouthpiece folds against the top for transport, , and the loop is handy for carrying, or attaching to a backpack. Apart from the filter itself, the bottle is dishwasher proof.

The "bite and sip" valve is really easy to use - you don't need to tip or squeeze the bottle, you just bite down on the valve, and suck as through a straw or sport bottle top. The valve stays shut otherwise - I've stored the bottle on its side in the fridge or on my car seat without any leakage.

One word of warning - the information says it's for filtering tap water, and for me, it certainly gets rid of the chemical taste. It doesn't make any claims for filtering bacteria and parasites, so unless you check with Camelbak or find official info from them to the contrary, I wouldn't use it for filtering river water etc.

I'm keeping it with me on my desk or side table, and drinking a lot more water as the result. It is a shame they don't do a full litre sized bottle, as that would be better for days out etc.
on 25 September 2013
This bottle is great, as said by other customers I have certainly been drinking a lot more water. No spills at all - take it everywhere with me. The only thing is it is a little heavier in regards to carrying it around but is obviously very durable. Certainly hasnt put me off and would recommend it
on 25 December 2015
You can use it without filter installed. It is ideal for travelling in Italy where you fill it up from fountains everywhere. It is a bit small for a day trip, climbing or trekking. You need to purchase the sleeve as well to protect the metal from damage that may lead to being punctured.
Some people may find the nozzle a bit revolting but it is very practical for drinking water while on the move
on 19 April 2013
Have been looking for a BPA free filter bottle and this is exactly what I wanted. This bottle makes it so easy to drink water and it's easy to clean too. Buy one!