Size: 1 Pack/S|Change
Price:£2.70+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 13 March 2013
I bought this with a couple of other things because of it's low (£1.99 at the time) price. I needed it to unscrew the bottom of my laptop (T5 Screws).

I managed to unscrew just one before the end rounded itself off and became useless. It's seriously the worst thing I've ever bought. It wasn't that I was being too aggressive with the screwdriver as I have had other Torx Kits in the past and they have been just fine.

Other bad things about the design:
- Screw bit falls out really easily
- Flimsy design overall
- Bit holder doesn't fit properly and rattles around

Needless to say it went straight in the bin! For the sake of £1.99 I can get over it but it sells for £9.99 in Maplin!
on 27 September 2013
********
Please note that this review is based ONLY on the T6 attachment/head of this product as that is the only one that I have used.
********

I bought this to open up my Macbook pro and change it's HDD, at this price I figured I couldnt go wrong.

My local hardware store does sell a set of screwdrivers but its a bit more expensive and since I ordered a SSD along with this, I figured the disk would come with the screwdriver kit and all would be good.

It comes in a nice enough package, compact and easy to store, but the problem started once I started using the T6 attachment, after just two screws the head of the screwdriver (the part the slots into the screw)frayed, which meant that as I tried to unscrew the other screws the head just rotated in there but would not "catch" the slots to rotate/open it.

I went to my local hardware store, bought their set and opened the rest of the screws as well as refit all the screws without a problem.

The other screw heads might be good but the smaller ones suck (IMHO) as their metal is too soft and frays.

Would return it except at this price... not really worth returning.
on 13 March 2013
I ordered this item to be used in place of the larger and bulkier kit I already own. This is because I needed a thin screwdriver that would reach the depth of the rather thin access opening.

Screwdriver is poorly engineered and the fattest of the 8 does not actually engage the screwdriver slot, since it is marginally larger than the available aperture.

Note: Height of utilisable shaft ie from yellow handle to the tip is 4.4cm

Pros: Lightweight and delicate - one can access very small access points.
: Tiny and easy to carry around
: Probably useful for most regular needs

Cons: Poorly engineered
: One has to wait till orders >£20 are made till you can get delivery.
: Item description does not mention dimensions of the part.
on 9 October 2014
Should have listened to the reviews. I assumed if I went easy with it, that it would be fine, but it didn't even manage the six screws in my laptop before the ends of the T5 one simply rounded off, making it unusable. It's as if the material used on this just comes off as it makes contact with other materials, even when taking it real easy.

I do not recommend this item at all, and have purchased a £10 kit instead which hopefully will have some better quality to it.
on 15 September 2014
I bought it on someone's recommendation to disassemble a Nokia N9. I ended up stripped 4 (four!) out of 9 screws trying to use it. I then went to my local phone repair shops, asking them to loosen up whatever screws they could with a proper Torx. They did and I brought the phone back home, intending to finish it off with this contraption, only to find that it still did not work, even on the screws already loosened up!

I ended up going to Maplin and buying a universal Torx for 99p which worked perfectly. Unfortunately the 4 stripped screws cannot be persuaded with anything. I may need to cut them off with a dremel.
on 4 April 2016
This Torx screwdriver offers 8 different sized ends, all of which fit inside the end of the grip. The whole tool is very lightweight but deceptively robust and has been just right for a number of precision projects. It's a tidy addition to my tool kit.
And of course it's yellow. And who doesn't like yellow tools??!!
on 16 August 2012
I was surprised how small the handle was, but as I have small hands it's not really an issue. There are 4 adapter pieces with 8 "ends", 1x T4&T5, 1x T6&T7, 2x T8&T9 (I got 2 of the same rather than 1 which had T10 and T15 ends, hence the missing stars, but I didn't need those sizes anyway it turns out).
Each adapter fits securely in the main handle, and the adapter holder makes up the handle end (the spare adapters fit inside, making use of the space).
I wondered for a while why I could not get the adapter holder to click all the way into the handle (it swivles) then when I used it for the first time it made perfect sense, it's so the handle can move without you having to readjust your hand (palm doesnt get stuck to the base and skin twisted).
I thought that was clever and I was very apreciative when I had to unscrew numerous scres from a couple of hard drives.
This product is very good for the price
on 5 October 2015
This screw driver is poor quality - it arrived unfit for purpose as one of the torx attachments retaining pin is faulty - the torx head will not stay fixed in the screw driver body, instead it just falls out.

I just about managed to wedge it in place with a sliver of paper for long enough to change my hard-drive. Now in the bin. I can not recommend this poor quality product.
on 1 August 2015
Saved £200 by using this to open a Satnav with an exhausted battery and replace it (battery £7 from Tandberg agents) when Fiat said battery replacement was possible, but our local Gloucester Fiat dealer wouldn't do this. So bad CES to them, and kudos to Rolson.

As a bonus, it also let me disassemble a Netgear switch that was flashing its LEDs all night in our bedroom, and cover these little suckers with insulating tape. bonus!
on 4 November 2015
Item is NOT as described. I ordered a 'ROLSON 8 In 1 Star Torx Screwdriver Set (a yellow one like it is in the picture) but it is NOT a ROLSON it is a AM-Tech (a red one and a poor copy). Total rubbish so don't waste your money as the tip has rounded off after undoing just 6 screws on my mobile phone. It is useless and not fit for purpose. Very disappointed after waiting over a week for it to arrive. Poor product and slow dispatch and delivery time.