on 14 March 2012
I have just unwrapped this item and felt compelled to write a review because of all the negative ones I had read prior to ordering.

As you can see from the description on amazon, this case is made to fit the 13.3" Macbook (which was discontinued June 2011), NOT the 13" MB Pro - although as I believe that model is smaller it should do the trick more or less. As far as I can tell, this is a perfect fit, and is as snug as you can get without the zips catching the Macbook inside. Granted, the case isn't as thick as it could be, but its perfect for some extra protection whilst being transported around within a larger bag.

It's good value, and certainly fits its purpose - I can only assume all the one stars on here are because of a misunderstanding around which model this is intended for.
on 30 January 2011
Bought this to protect my new MacBook Pro, very nice bag, well made and Memory Foam too. since it is not a snug fit on my Pro I think it would fit the polycarbonate MacBook too.
on 26 February 2011
Having invested into a premium piece of hardware in the Macbook Pro, the importance of protecting it was utmost as i intend to take with me on my travels. Made from a sufficient thickness and density of foam (approx 4mm), this will easily protect the shell of your Macbook Pro from general day to day knocks. Around the periphery there is additional side/end protection in the white piping trim that runs all around the case, as well as an internal foam section. Inside there are small elasticated cords on the corners just to act as placement rather than actual securing of case to laptop. The case is secured by a good quality double-zip that allows it to fully open out and hinge itself along one of the length sides.

This is a simple, no fuss, good protection case that works for a competitive price. I would recommend this product over most of the solutions on sale at a high-street retail stores due to their over-priced branded products.
on 7 December 2010
Having a new (second hand) MacBook I wanted to keep it safe from knocks. At under a tenner this is ideal. Seems well made, good zips, fits perfectly. Ideal
on 31 October 2013
i purchased a macbook pro last year and thought this would be the best thing to buy to protect it. i was sorely disappointed. the case itself is very thin and the zips have both fallen off. not worth any money really.
on 24 December 2015
Not at all, the case fits perfect and has good protection, keeps my Mac immaculate

The case is padded but I wouldn't say it is fitted with memory foam.

The description does specify that the case is a soft cary case, so you cant expect much protection. However, it has protected my laptop when i've thrown it in to my handbag with god knows what else and it has even absorbed all of the water that was spilt on it (when someone dropped a glass of water on the table spilling over my laptop) so that none seeped through into my Mac.
on 5 June 2011
This may not be as stylish as some other covers for Macbook pro, but it does the job. I don't agree with the reviewer who thought this sleeve was too spacious. I also have a Speck clear cover, which fulfils a different purpose and this sleeve has enough room to accommodate it.
on 9 July 2015
This sleeve served me very well for nearly 4 years. I used it to carry around a Macbook Air 13" - As the sleeve is 13.3" (as advertised), it has some give in the sleeve, but this caused no issues for me at all. The material is quite thick and gives a good degree of cushioning for the laptop. In that sense it is a very good case. I'm sure with a thicker laptop (such as the Pro) this would cause no issues at all.

The only criticism I could put (and it is really trivial) is that this is not an Apple product and as such lacks the incredible level of detail that Apple products would have. For example, the sleeve's edges are merely the zip which means it does not have any of the clean, straight lines that the Apple products are famous for. Yes, it may be a minor point, but it's worth mentioning. A second example, is that the white Apple logo seen on the picture is merely a sticker which came off the sleeve within a couple of weeks. Whilst I did have spares, I didn't attach them so I couldn't comment on the quality of those.

Beyond that, it is a very good, high quality product which has surved me well for 4 years and as such I would strongly recommend it.
on 9 September 2011
When I received this carry case, it was immediately evident that the quality of the product was poor. It didn't look like it would last 5 minutes under any kind of duress. I sent it back to Amazon and quickly received a credit. I have since ordered a Belkin up to 14" Neoprene sleeve from Amazon which is of far superior quality, fit's my 13" Macbook perfectly and was only £[] with Amazon's free delivery.
on 16 March 2016
I've had this case for several years now, and it has lasted so long.
An almost perfect purchase!
Arrived in simple packaging and was quicker than expected.

The reason i say "almost" perfect is because after a while, depending on how you hold it, the foam inside started to sag/drag, and due to this the shape did weaken to some extent. If this happens, it could be detrimental to thr saftey of your laptop if you dropped it on a certain edged etc. However, all in all, the foamed carry case sleeve, is definitely worth purchasing for a protective addition to your laptop.