on 13 April 2017
(Written by MJ 13 years old) The books of Rick Riordan,one is this The Heroes of Olympus series are all about mythologies. Greek mythology and some roman mythology. About gods,goddesses,demigods,monsters,titans, and many more. From this story The Lost Hero,Percy Jackson,from the other series,is a hero of Olympus. But he's gone,and they don't know why. And then there's this another kid named Jason appeared and they don't know him. He likes roman gods but he's in the camp half-bloods who are Greeks. And then they are sent to a quest to free goddess Hera/Juno. Hera is a goddess in Greek and Juno is a roman goddess but they are just one,same person. Because she's been captured and even if she's a god,she can't escape so she need the demigods to free her. And if not,their worst enemy will rise,Gaia,the first who ruled the world with her husband oeranous,before the titans and the gods ruled the world. And all gods,demigods,and the ones they did for 5millenia will be destroyed and Gaia the bad will rule the world again. But they succeeded to free Hera/Juno but they didn't kill the enemy. They only slowed the rising of the enemies. So hera said they needed all the demigods and gods to defeat the enemies. That means the demigods from camp Greeks and the demigods from camp roman. Hera also said Jason is sent to Greek camp by a trade hero. That's why Jason appeared in greek and the lost hero Percy Jackson disappeared because he is sent to the toman camps for both camps will know that they exist so they will join forces to defeat the enemies. And percy doesn't remember anything just like Jason doesn't remember anything also
on 2 November 2014
This is the first book in Rick Riordan’s The Heroes Of Olympus series. This series is the spin off series to the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series. I have not read all of the previous series, with only the first book having being read. I will be going back a reading that series once I have finished with this one. I wondered if having skipped the Percy Jackson series would effect my enjoyment of this book, with things like references or characters. But my fears were unfounded this book provides enough background information for it to stand on its own. The book focuses on three new children who just discovered their demi-god heritage and there first quest in the world.

I liked the development of the three new demi-gods and they learnt about the ‘other’ world and there own powers. Each of them are unique and fun to read about. I liked the length and the pacing in this book. There is enough story to give a nice amount environment setting while not waffling and slowing the story down. The main story was interesting, which I won’t go into here so as to not spoil it for others.

There is not much in this book that I can think of as disliking. In fact after sitting here for a few minutes and coming up empty for something to say I didn't like, the only thing I could think of was having to wait for the next book in the series to arrive.

I really enjoyed this first book. Which kind of surprised me considering its target audience. The three main characters were interesting and diverse leading to you connecting with them. The story was well paced, with nothing that felt it was added just to increase the word count.
Overall this is a very nice book. I have now placed my order for all of the other books in the series. Lets hope they live up to my expectations after having read thus one.

I would rate this book a 9 out of 10.
on 14 April 2017
I prefer these books to the Percy Jackson ones (which I really liked) this is a great story - and great fun.
on 30 July 2016
When I found out that there's another book with percy Jackson I was flying,
But this book is about another hero I was practically falling off my seat.
on 24 May 2013
At the beginning of the book I was so gripped by the story line and really wanted to complete this book but by about 300 pages in I began to feel that the book went on for ages and so much happened at once. I feel that the book really didn't need to be so long. I would also say that it also began to get really really confusing as so much was going on in the book.

Other than this I think that the plot was good and the characters were hysterically funny and great fun. I also love the way Riordan has taken Greek mythology and given it a twist to make even more fun and exciting than it is on it's own.
on 27 July 2017
good read
on 13 July 2017
Bought as a present with another of the same series, great read.
on 2 August 2015