on 15 June 2016
Does the business.
It doesn't matter how big and meaty you buy these.... You always want more.
Blokes won't be happy unless we can shred the phone directory in one go.... Be honest.
Good quality, you can tell this is well made.
Sounds meaty and powerful.
Shreds into small strips about the size of two tic tacs end to end.
You do have to think about how you insert the paper to shred as you can get a full bank number on one chip.
Happy enough with it, I didn't check the size of the paper chip so I can can't complain about that.
If you want better security you will need a confetti cut shredder.
on 21 February 2016
This is a good, well built and undemanding shredder. It has been working for the last three years through regular weekly shredding routine. No problems experienced what so ever. Very little service has been done to it over the last three years, but it still goes strong...

A couple of times I deliberately overloaded it by choking with thick bundles of paper. It stopped working as expected - of course if you abuse the equipment. After cutting off the power though it resumes its normal service. It safely shreds up to four normal thickness paper sheets and any type CD. Excellent!

It is also reasonably priced in comparison with its competitors and recommended to anyone with regular small office shredding volume requirements.
on 27 February 2017
The shredder itself is fantastic - when it is working! I bought my first one in March but it had a jam and died - it wouldn't work either forward or reverse even when the jam had been cleared. However, as I said it was very good in the time I had it and relatively quiet too, so taking responsibility for the jam, I ordered another one. At this point I will say that I wasn't putting anywhere near the 8 sheets in the machine, but a couple of sheets didn't go in straight and crumpled a little. Once again I was very happy with the machine until a very tiny crumple stopped it again . This time reverse worked well and all was cleared in no time, but I have never managed to get it to go forwards and shred again. I can't find any re-set button, everything looks perfect, but it doesn't work!!!! The guarantee appears to be null and void if there is a jam, so once again I have to buy a new shredder. Looking at the other reviews it appears I have been very unlucky - I don't abuse it - honestly!
on 29 September 2017
This is my third shredder . The others have not lasted the distance.
I have had this a while now and it's still going strong. Purchased for home use so it's not used every day.
But it deals with everything I feed it and as yet it has not clogged up once.
on 23 April 2015
I give this a five although as yet I haven't had it long enough to really test it. So why a five. Well, this is a replacement for a slightly older Aurora model which only came to grieve after I had accidentally put a couple of sheets of paper through which unknownenly hid a foreign pos metallic object. But before this mishap I had had my older model for a few years and most recently shredded 30 odd years of personal files and discs following my retirement. This updated model has a separate cd shredder which will benefit the longevity of the model. It does have a smaller collection box but that's no problem, as with most shredders keep emptying the box without over filling and you should get good service.
on 10 January 2014
This is very good. Only be careful, my darling son tried to shred 15 sheets of paper at the same time. It clearly states no more than 8. Obviously it jammed and I couldn't unjam it no matter what I did. In desperation I took it apart and it broke. However as it wasn't the machines fault (it was my idiotic sons) I bought another of the same. It works very well and cuts through papers quickly. My old one used to cut out as it overheated very quickly. This one doesn't and I am sure if I used it enough it would eventually but I haven't been able to make it yet and believe me I have really given it reason to with amount of usage it's had. It cuts both ways and into quite small pieces. I would definitely recommend this to anyone for home use, just keep idiotic sons away from it.
on 6 July 2012
As with all shredders, it is necessary to pay special attention to the manufacturers instructions. All shredders can be temperamental if used in the wrong way.
This shredder works well, when used correctly. I am cautious with shredders, so I have only been feeding it up to 5 x 80gsm sheets, which it eats fine. It will eat credit cards and cds/dvds as well. What impresses me, is how quickly it eats paper. Some shredders can be slow, but this one is fast. Pay particilar attention though, when replacing the shredder on top of the bin. If you put it round the wrong way, the shredder won't work. You must make sure it sits flush with the bucket! It's not rocket science, just common sense.
Noise wise, it isn't the quietest on the market, but at the price, it's great value and seems to work well. I have shredded a mound of stuff in the last day and it's worked fine. If it gets too hot, it will cut out and you'll have to leave it for about an hour to cool down, before recommencing again.
It's a good size too... Fits between two desks and will take a lot of paper before emptying the bucket.
This is a quality made shredder that is good value for money and will last if used correctly.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 September 2012
Pretty happy with this. Gave it 4 stars rather than 5 only because I haven't had it long enough to see how it lasts.
Arrived promptly, good price, good neat shape, easy enough to empty, decent-sized viewing window to see when it's getting full, and one of the few in this price range that also shreds credit cards and CDs. I had several old CDs to get rid of and was surprised that it was quite hard to find a reasonably-sized and reasonably-priced shredder that would take care of them as well as doing credit cards.
One small gripe is that there's no handle to lift it - the handle on the top removes the lid only, so if you need to move it, you have to grasp it by the body and take care not to let it drop. It's heavy-ish, as these things are, but not too heavy, so this isn't a big deal. A couple of lugs on the side to lift it would have been ideal. But overall I'm happy with it, and so far it's a lot less temperamental and apparently sturdier than my previous one which was a good make but turned out to be a pain in the neck, taking far less paper at one go, and getting constant overheating and paper jams.
on 29 July 2017
Quick delivery. Shredder works well. Shredder is coping a lot better than the previous (Not Aurora) shredders which eventually failed after medium use. This shredder appears to be more solid and better quality. Still going strong and shredding well.
on 28 June 2013
This shredder does a good job of reducing bank statements and confidential documents into small pieces as it has a cross-cut blade as well as a strip blade. It works best with 4 or 5 sheets of 80g/m2 paper. It will handle 8, but with a struggle, and the motor gets quite warm. It shreds old credit cards a treat!
The waste bin must be emptied frequently and immediately it becomes full; that is when the waste is above the small window in the bin. I found when doing a lot of shredding that when the bin becomes overfull the rotating shredder blades can pick up the waste and feed it back into the cutters and jam the shredder. I had to lift off the cutter/motor head, invert it on a folded towel, and take out the 6 crosspoint screws to remove the cover to clear the cutter feed. Removing the 6 screws invalidates the warranty, by the way. I reassembled the cutter cover after clearing and now the shredder works fine. Just be aware of this potential problem and make sure that the safety switch is correctly reinstalled in its housing when replacing the cover. I can recommend this shredder for domestic office use.