on 14 November 2010
Used this for a couple of weeks now - running about 20 miles a week, 4 - 5 miles a time. Been out with it in all types of weather. It stays secure on what is a relatively skinny arm and is, in fact, comfortable.
Iphone 4 fits easily and is removed easily - even with a thin case which I do not have to remove. Aside from being a pain to operate on your arm (through no fault of the product) this is a truly excellent product. I took a long time choosing which case to have for my runs but this one seems to everything I want it to do and as such lets me focus on my run. It almost makes me feel bad using Nike Run GPS and not MiCoach!
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2010
Really pleased with my armband. I had an iGadgitz armband first of all which fell off the first time and gave me a friction burn the second time. The Mi Coach armband fits snuggly and comfortably on my slim (lady's) upper arm (with a secure grip), but has a wide enough velcro-backed band to fit someone with more muscle! My iPhone4 also fits in there without taking off its protective bumper (although it is a bit of a squeeze). There is a small compartment which can either hold a key or some excess headphone wire. Made of a slim black sports material and its washable too. A real bonus for my training.
on 11 February 2011
I had exactly the same issue as the previous reviewer - used it once and quite happy with it. Second time, I was adjusting the position of the armband on my (not exactly muscular!) arm when the thin, cheap piece of plastic that attaches the straps split. It's too thin to be mended.

Bought a cheaper more substantial armband instead. Disappointed that Adidas decided to allow such a shoddy manufacturer to use their branding.
on 11 June 2011
I bought this armband one month ago and after running with it about 10 times I'm quite happy with it.

PROS: Looks great, It stays in place, holds my Iphone 3GS very firmly, it's not uncomfortable, very light, I can control the screen quite easily

CONS: The key pocket only has room for one key. I need two to get into my appartement so that's a bit annoying. The other thing is inherent to most if not all armbands (as far as I've been able to research it online). The GPS signal does weaken considerably because the phone is pressed against the arm. With clear skies it doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but in bad weather it sometimes fails completely.

Still I would recommend this product.
on 9 March 2011
I've just bought this item and tried it down the gym tonight for the first time. Baring in mind that I have not been to the gym for 6 months I can say that my arms are by no means big! This just about fit on my bicep...just! prior to excercise. After a few mins on the treadmill it started to get tight and uncomfortable then after doing a few light weights after, it was digging in and I had to take it off before my arm went blue!

I'm very surprised Adidas did not pick up on this, especially when the app has Johnny Wilkinson and Reggie Bush coaching voices on. I would be very surprised if they could manage to wear it around their wrists!

The good points are that it is light and washable... but thats about it.

The iphone doesnt really fit in the slot that well with a bumper on. I would have also liked something to hide the trailing headphone wires but it seems that the only way is to faff around tucking them under the strap (like theres enough room!!!)

I've emailed Adidas their thoughts, so I hope to hear back from them soon.
on 10 April 2011
This is simply fab and gets used on all my runs and bike rides. It's easy to slip your iPhone in and the armband is easy to adjust the the right size. The plastic covering is thick enough to protect my iPhone in light rain (as I realised yesterday) but still thin enough to pick up the touch screen movements. I also really like the secure little key pocket - means I don't have to pin my key to the inside of my shorts anymore!
on 3 April 2011
I'm happy with this, only slight issue is that sometimes when I'm putting in my ear phones the material gets in the way, but, this is easily sorted.

Only other thing would be is to have some sort of excess cable clip, but, if your cleve enough the velcro band can do this.

All in all a good buy, and a lot cheaper than elsewhere!!
on 5 February 2012
A product that meets expectations only just , it is a very tight fit for the iphone 4 , so if you have any form of protection as shock bumpers then it will not fit in. The arm band itself is not large enough for male arms espicially in winter with a few layers of clothes. Looking for something better
on 15 November 2011
My arms are neither particularly muscly nor particularly fat, but the armband bearly reaches around my arm. As a result the velcro doesn't attach very well and on several occassions the band has come undone whilst running and my wonderful iPhone has come close to crashing to the ground! I expected better from an Adidas branded product, but sadly I've had to throw this product away and will now try and find something better. For women or people with skinny arms, it's probably fine, but for anybody with even moderately sized arms, forget it.
on 25 April 2011
Used it about five times now. Works well over clothes or on bare arm.
Knocked one star off because I have to remove iPhone case to get it in but the fact that it fits snugly has got to be a plus.