Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 13 August 2017
perfect exactly what we wanted
on 9 February 2013
I've had mixed experiences with memory sticks in the past. Some have worked well and some especially the larger memories haven't. I was wary about buying this but it was a good price and a good name and so far....it's OK.
on 6 September 2011
Having used this for about 1 year the flash drive seems now to only have 2gb of memory. Which is a tad disappointing considering the cost
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 September 2012
Very happy with this stick.

I like the sliding cover -- no more lost caps -- although, the "click" détente could be a bit firmer.

Also, an "activity" light might have been a nice addition.

It is supplied formatted as a FAT32 volume. A little tip for WinXP users: if you reformat it as an NTFS (New Technology File System) volume, then you will be able to store files greater than 4 GB. The downside of this, is that you will have to use the "Safely Remove Hardware" dialogue to remove it from your machine.Kingston Generation 2 32GB USB Data Traveller
on 25 February 2011
Read speed - 10MB/s
Write speed - 5MB/s

The 16GB DataTraveller 100 G2 feels like a well made piece of kit and it worked for me right out of the box. My primary use for this was with my Xbox360 and I'm pleased to report that it passed the mysterious Xbox configuration test and was deemed compatible. The casing is quite wide but fitted in the front USB ports of my Xbox360 slim model with no problems.

The slide up section locks into both the open and closed positions with a nice solid click. However, I found I still needed to grip the back of the device rather than the side when I'm inserting it into USB ports as the retractable casing would sometimes come loose and hide the connector.

The casing is particularly wide which may be problem if you have USB port placed close together - like on my MacBook - as it will prevent USB ports being used either side.

When the case is extended to cover the USB connector the end is still exposed, so I wouldn't feel too comfortable keeping this in a lint filled pocket for too long. if that's an issue for you I'd go with a drive that has a removable cap rather than a retractable one.

So, not without it's issues then but still feels like a very robust piece of quality kit.
on 6 February 2012
KINGSTON has always been a brand name to trust when it comes to computer memory. This USB flash-memory stick is no exception.

It is very nicely built, with a push-to-arm/pull-to-protect slide mechanism. When I first saw this I thought that it would be a spring-mechanism, similar to clicking a pen. Instead, it has a two-step locking mechanism that requires both hands. It may be less convenient but it sure feels more reliable in the long run.

This is a USB 2.0 memory stick that for some reason it seems faster than all of my previous similar sticks (SanDISK, ADATA and even my good old TEAC). My data get transfered fast and reliably - so I am willing to overlook the fact that the casing is a bit too wide to fit two of them in my side-by-side USB ports at the front of my PC case.

Because of the design shortcomings mentioned above I would rate this at 4.5stars. However, I decided to round it up rather than down because of my good experience with KINGSTON products in the past.

RECOMMENDED.
on 10 August 2012
I had previously purchased the Kingston 16GB USB Data Traveller in another country and it was excellent!

So when I saw this 32GB version for a similar price I jumped at it.

I was not let down; it has a massive memory in a well engineered unit.
on 29 March 2011
This device is perfectly decent, but ergonomically not as successful as the SanDisk I used to use. It's just a bit on the bulky side and the sliding mechanism doesn't click shut well enough, so it seems that every time I take it out of my pocket it's opened up again, exposing the contacts. This probably isn't going to present a problem, but overall I preferred my SanDisk for it's relatively slimline and reliable construction.
on 25 October 2011
This Kingston Generation 2 8GB USB Data Traveller is a great way to transfer your data from one computer to the other. Get one today and enjoy extra storage space. I have a full Linux operating system on mine, with room for so much more. It is well built and fully retractable. The lug on the top of the Kingston Generation 2 8GB USB Data Traveller enables you to fit a lanyard. Very useful! Kingston Generation 2 8GB USB Data Traveller
on 20 November 2010
Does exactly what it says.No problems attaching it to a key ring and although it may slide open at times, it's an inexpensive, high capacity, traveller's tool.