on 9 April 2015
I purchased this as part of an effort to keep various cables in some kind of order. It does what it says it will; no more, no less. Wind a too-long cable round it until it's the length you want and it'll stay where you put it. It's perfect for my iPod headphones; when in use it stops the cable flapping around and making a nuisance of itself and if I need the cable to be a wee bit longer - say if I've been sitting down and then stand up - then a couple of turns gets more wire out and I'm on my way. When not in use, I wind the headphones fully round this and slip the lot into a small pocket in my bag, where they stay neat and tidy until I need then again.

However, my headphones are the standard sort, not the ones that go in the ear canal (which would probably be fine with this) or sit on or over your ear. As these last two are more bulky, I'm not sure how much difference this would make here - try reading other reviews to see if anyone's used them for this.

But otherwise, I'm rather less tangled up than I used to be and a happy bunny.
on 24 February 2013
This is small and useful but please note I still feel the need to put it in a phone sock as it keeps the cord from knotting/unraveling but does not give full protection. This is not a problem as a purchased it simply to stop having to untie my headphones everytime I used it and it does this very well. I tend to unravel just the length I need and leave the rest on the Bobino, it is light enough to do this.

So about it, it is small enough for headphones, study enough to withstand daily use and it is easy to use.

This would be good for anyone who commutes and likes to keep their headphones in a bag or pocket when not in use - someone who wants to not waste time unknotting them and wants them to not suffer the damage that comes with knotting and getting them caught in a zip.

What more can I say it is a small item that does its job well.
5 people found this helpful
on 14 August 2017
Useless for storing headphones on.
Might be fine for taking up a bit of slack, but the centre section is too small, so to wrap the entire headphones on it takes ages.
Also, it doesn't allow for the mic on phone headphones, so they don't wind neatly onto it.

It's well made though, nice silicone, not cheap plastic like some. But sadly no more useful.

Have returned to coiling headphones in a figure-8, and putting them into a bag.
on 7 December 2010
Sure, you could use a piece of cardboard or something shaped like this to keep your electronic cord tidy, but this is a normal-use indestructable and very simple item that will stop you getting so very angry because you don't have tied-up knotted wires ever again.......light, colourful (available in a variety of, but shop around) and cheap. Around £2.35, but don't pay more 'cos you can get it at that price on Amazon. Great stocking filler, with simple to use (no instructions needed) facility. I have used the small size, but it is available medium and large (commensurate price increase for larger sizes, but again, around £3.50 and £4.50 for medium and large so watch out you get the best available), so do give it a go.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2017
I don't know how I survived before I purchased this item. Excellent to store my headphone wires neatly away and perfect for shortening the length of the wire when using my iPod in he gym so it doesn't get in the way. Love it.
on 9 October 2017
It's honestly quicker to just throw your earphones in your bag rather than winding them up. Same for the opposite, untangling them by hand is faster than unwinding them from the stiff plastic.
on 1 March 2017
A cute little item which has really helped me keep my earphones neat and untangled! Thought this might help stop damage and me losing them - it's been successful in the former, but I think the latter is for me and my organisational skills to work out!
on 7 December 2017
Items arrived quickly and in good condition, are just right for keeping your cable's tidy. Thankyou
on 23 October 2017
Perfect for wrapping ear bud cords. To keep from getting tangled up.
on 13 December 2010
Got one of these small lime green cable wraps a few weeks ago in Cargo Homestores, paid 1.99 or 2.50 for it. It is simple to use, easy to find at the bottom of my bag, and stops me getting rattled because my wires are tangled AGAIN! Now ordering a second one for my partner from Glueballs on Amazon marketplace at about the same price. Wish I had invented and marketed this device myself!