TOP 100 REVIEWERon 19 March 2014
I bought this because my headphone socket wasn't working and I was prepared for it to be worse than the onboard sound. But not THAT much worse. Maybe I was unlucky but the sound quality on this was so bad I threw it away. I tried the translucent blue one made by 3d sound which is incredibly cheap and worked better though not brilliantly. I then bought the Startech one which is much better and costs a similar amount to this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 July 2013
Perhaps my mistake for going for the cheap option. This broke within two weeks, as the soldering inside is very poor. A very flimsy and poor quality product that I would recommend to no one. Go for the more expensive option (as I am going to do now...)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 March 2011
I bought this because my headphone jack had stopped working in my laptop.

It worked with Windows 7 as soon as I plugged it in (and changed the default sound device on the control panel).

I was worried about the sound quality having read reviews of other external sound cards, but this one sounds amazing! There is excellent output on all channels. If you're worried about sound quality, get this one, it won't disappoint! Plus it's so cheap!
on 15 March 2011
I bought VIGO USB because the headphone jack input on my macbook has gone after just 18 months use by a careful owner. The helpful chaps at Apple have mounted the £0.50 headphone input to a £400 logic board which no one will touch, only replace, so I needed another way to listen to stuff on the road. This does the job at a fraction of the repair cost but the sound is only OK and it is not very robust. You have to push the headphone jack in quite firmly to get it to work properly and then the casing threatens to fall apart. I will be going for the preventative tape repair suggested by other reviewers. So, if you have an emergency need like I do, its OK, but only OK.
on 1 August 2012
I bought this so I could playback audio on my HP Microserver. The product was sealed in my arch nemesis : plastic packaging, though thankfully I already had some scissors so opening it was a breeze. After neglecting to read the instructions, I simply plugged it in along with an audio jack to my speakers and I could hear sound! Great!

Initially I was pretty happy with this product, apart from the connector which felt a bit flimsy, and concluded if you are going to be plugging in and removing a lot of audio cables from this directly plugged into a usb port, it's probably going to break within a few weeks.

A few weeks later, I decided to finally get around to playing a game. To my horror I found the sound wasn't working at all... which left me a bit dumbfounded to say the least, as I hadn't even moved the stick or the audio cable. Upon moving the stick around ports it suddenly started working again, though I noticed I was only getting mono sound. After fiddling around with the cable a bit more I suddenly got stereo sound.

Safe to say, while I was initially impressed, after experiencing the long-term reliability of this product - or rather the lack of it - I cannot recommend it.
on 27 December 2010
Not To Bad, not as good as laptop original soundcard, there is no fussyness just doesnt sound that great, if your DJing its ok for listening through your own headphones but dont attach to speakers.
on 10 March 2011
This worked 'out of the box' on a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L running Snow Leopard. I'd had problems getting the sound working on that motherboard, and this was bought to fix that problem. Although I eventually got the onboard-audio working, this stick seems to provide better quality sound, so I left it in - it is only about an inch and a half long so it doesn't stand out. Good for the price.
on 8 November 2012
it is a nice sounding card how ever i got half a gigs worth out of it and it failed just wouldn't work at all i have taken it apart looked it over no problem just doesn't respond anymore don't waste your money like i did just buy little poor up market and get quality STAY AWAY FROM ANY SPEEDLINK!
on 12 September 2012
At first this product worked fine, it installed it's own drivers etc with no issue, then it suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason and wouldn't work with a different USB port or on a different computer.
on 7 April 2012
Plugged it in the first time and worked OK-ish; second time I plugged it in Windows gave error message that the device malfunctioned and couldn't use it anymore. Useless.