on 24 March 2012
After a long while debating whether to start buying these releases, I finally decided to give it a plunge a couple of months ago, because after seeing some of the reviews I wasn't too sure of the quality of them. I needn't have worried! Having them originally taped on VHS, I can compare the music situation, and I can safely say that all the music (except tracks by The Beatles) are the original broadcast songs. As regards the Beatles covers, I find them very acceptable and in some cases almost like the originals. Network have done a great job considering the copyright issues. I would much rather have a Beatles song sung by someone else than to have pieces of the actual programme missing. As far as the "end of part one"/"part two" ad breaks being left in, Network do this with ALL their releases and NOT just Heartbeat. It makes for a more "original broadcast" feel about them. These early series are faultless and great drama. I must admit that I stopped watching Heartbeat after Series 12, due to the fact that Jason Durr left the show and the ever increasing relance on the "comedy" storylines rather than the drama. Enjoy these early series as much as possible, because sadly it loses something a lot later.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 March 2018
Great series watching this at the moment, it has its
Serious side but is also funny, bill Maynard is great in this,
And of course nick berry, good acting.
VINE VOICEon 24 February 2014
Please see my review for the third series which really sums up the three that I bought for my husband. Excellent stories that are still as enjoyable today as when they were first screened many years ago. Quite nostalgic to look back and see so many actors from Coronation Street etc who were probably then starting out!!! We really enjoy them!!
One person found this helpful
on 7 April 2018
Very nostalgic. Great stories.
on 14 May 2018
was an gift, they love it!!!!!
on 12 March 2018
Just what my Dad wanted
on 27 September 2017
Excellent all round!
on 28 March 2014
Perfect for use, it met my expectations.
Very Good price What more could you ask for.
I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys old TV shows or films.
Not to be disliked it does what it says on the tin