Customer reviews

Size: S - 20 cm|Change

on 23 July 2014
Quieter than silent wheels I've had - I can barely hear this one when I'm in the same room!
The clip is more sturdy than those on silent wheels too (I've had 2 snapped clips on these where the clip joins onto the wheel) but it is 1cm wide - our cage bars are 0.5cm apart so it was a real squeeze to force it through the metal bars and then twist it to secure it. I also had to clip a couple of mini bulldog clips over two of the bars underneath the clip to prevent it sliding down - a bit of a faff, but it's fine now. Now it's on it's staying on though - I'm going to clean it in situ!
The drum of the wheel is quite flimsy & flexible, so you do need to have the front bit clipped on to make it more stable - I was worried our hamster might not like that, but he's had no problem with it and loves it. The fact that it's a bit bigger than the 6 inch silent wheels also helps - his back is staighterthis. Do bear in mind that, if you are unable to secure the wheel to the bars, you'll need to use the stand, which will obviously make the contraption taller than 20cm.
Despite the slight difficulty fitting it, I'm giving it 5 stars because it's cheaper than the "silent" wheels that I've had, its better for the hamster and it's quieter.
on 21 July 2017
I bought the large size of this wheel for my Syrian ages ago, and he absolutely loved it. He runs on it all night. So I just bought the smaller size for my dwarf too, even though she basically never used her old wheel so I thought she was just a lazy hamster. She loves it! She finally does something other than sleep! Now she too, runs all night long. They aren't silent, but I don't think any hamster wheels are. I don't sleep good when there's noise but these wheels don't seem to bother me much and I can sleep with them being used (until a hamster poops in it and the poop turns the wheel into a rattle!)
on 27 July 2017
I'm so thrilled I got a black and red wheel this time! I have two degus, and I first bought this wheel a few years ago for them, receiving the blue and green wheel, it lasted very well but my degus love chewing plastic so the green and blue one was barely even a wheel anymore, more like a swinging bridge haha, I didn't even know you could get a black and red wheel but I think my degus prefer the colour! Both degus sit in the wheel and I even caught one of them fast asleep inside it recently, they never slept in the last one!

I have a pair of emo degus apparently. MCR 4 life and that. Great wheel though!
on 6 February 2017
Easy to clean and perfect for our Syrian Hamster and Rats (our hamster isn't very interested in wheels so we tried it with the rats as it's an appropriate size for females as they are smaller) and they love it. Make sure you get the proper size for your pet as if their wheel is too small their back will arch which can result in many health problems! A good general rule is find out what size the manufacturer recommends for your pet, then get the next size up!
on 13 August 2015
Perfect wheel for our Syrian Hamster, I wouldn't say it was a silent wheel, makes a bit of noise but nothing we couldn't put up with! Our hamster loves hers! Fits perfectly into our Hamster Heaven :)
review image
on 11 October 2016
Really happy with the trixie wheel it's very quite. I bought the 20cm wheel which was a mistake! Its for my syrian hamster and when his on it his back is arching so I'm gonna purchase the 28cm
on 5 May 2017
Thank you so much for the four Trixie wheels. I love them, my Syrians are loving them. I got 2 of the green and blue ones and then the black and red ones I love them. Just what my hamsters honestly need. I've been trying to find a big wheel and a quiet, This wheel has done me proud. A wonderful size with no hunched backs, and quiet as a mouse.

I LOVE IT !!!!!
on 19 April 2017
Our sugar gliders love this wheel and play in it every day.. Since reviewing this product we have bought another two of these exercise wheels and given one to a relative who also has a sugar glider. The gliders absolutely love to play in these wheels and spend hours in them. These wheels are well built and quiet when running. A must for any sugar gliders cage. Fantastic value for money with very prompt delivery.
review image
on 3 July 2017
A very good wheel, it is virtually silent when my Degus use the two of them.
What I did was try to fix it on to the bars. But that didn't work. So I used the stand. But on its own, it is not stable enough. The Degus would - and did, try to trash it around the cage. So I Used a cable tie to anchor it on to the cage bars, the problem is fixed. And the Degus love them both!
on 6 May 2017
Ordered this for my dwarf hamster as her wooden wheel broke and as she insisted on using it as a toilet felt plastic might make life easier! Delivery was swift and the wheel was in fine condition (previous Trixie wheels have been delivered damaged) My dwarf rescue hamster is impressed - straight on the wheel and going for miles - she loves it. This is definitely dwarf hamster size Syrian hamsters need the larger sized wheel. Very good quality and great value.