on 23 August 2013
excellent foreword by barack obama.Gives an interesting insight into mandela's world of incarseration and of his resilience.Most enlightening as to his ideas and solutions to a renewed South Africa.A must for all followers of his story.
on 16 January 2014
Enjoying every word. What a lovely book. So informative to read Nelson Mandela's letters while in prison. A great man, no doubt about it. A leader of men. I am only so sorry he is no longer with us.
on 26 December 2013
Best autobiography I've ever read. This man deserves a new edition each month - we all need to hear a detailed history of his life - you can't sum him up in a novel, he needs a dedicated series.
on 29 March 2015
I am still reading this book. It is the sort of book that it is good to refer to on a regular basis.
It is good to be able to have first hand knowledge of this great man,.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2014
I like the letters but I read it before the biography. I think I would have understood it more after having read the biography.I would recommend it, but with that proviso.
on 27 June 2014
I love his humour and humility. An awesome and very humbling read. i like the short segments of each conversation on anything the interviewer or he himself touches on.
on 24 November 2012
I like it and pick it up for a read now and than. I am used to reading stories, this is more facts and copies of old letters but i am glad i bought it..
on 27 December 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in Mandela's life. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, he truly was a remarkable man.
on 23 August 2013
An excellent book, a real look into the man and his thoughts. I liked him and what he stood for before, even more so now! Great read
on 28 January 2014
very good read as expected from such a great leader. good book to take on holiday and apreciate what he did for his beliefs