Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 5 June 2006
Gordon's new book has surpassed his other one. What a wonderful book! This is really a great comfort to the newly bereaved and also those who are having difficulty coming to terms with the loss of a loved one. Beautifully written, the compassion he feels oozes from each page. Thank you Gordon for another fantastic book.
55 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2006
MY HUSBAND PASSED IN JULY 2005 & I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT THE AFTER-LIFE TO FIND SOLACE & BELIEF THAT HE IS STILL WITH ME. GORDONS BOOK STRUCK A CHORD WITH ME. I FOUND IT AN EASY READ AND COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. THUS FAR, THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE PURCHASED. YOU GET A TRUE SENSE OF THE AUTHOR AND HIS HEARTFELT DEVOTION TO HELPING PEOPLE IN MY SITUATION. HE HAS AN AMAZING GIFT & A TRUE SENSE OF TRUST & TRUTH COMES THROUGH IN THIS BOOK. I'D LOVE TO HAVE A READING WITH HIM.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2006
Gordon Smith is a great medium, and this is a humorous book helpful book for the newly bereaved. But my feeling now having lost a father, is that there is so much more life to connect to and you can communicate yourself to your loved one, they will try anyway. So it is great for those who feel cut off, but actually I prefer books to promote a self involvement in that connection, rather than endless evidence via a meditaor. We are all psychic, we just need to open to it. Nevertheless, Gordon's events are impressive and so amusing and normal, that I would recommend anyone to read his books, but to never forget that they can build their own contact themselves.
on 24 April 2006
I do like reading GS books because he has a GSOH in his writing. I was expecting this book to be based more on his life (through my eyes) but it was more a guide on how to cope with grief and the loss of a loved one, and since i havent lost anyone yet i did get slighty bored with the theme. But it is a really good book to give to someone who has lost a loved one, i guess i will pick it up again one day because it gives some really sound advice.
on 26 June 2008
Gordon Smith is a barber in Glasgow, Scotland. But he's no ordinary barber, juggling this job with his other work as "Britain's most accurate medium", a description derived from his ability to provide specific names and exact dates rather than the vague impressions often conveyed by mediums.

I've only seen Gordon in action once before, on a South African television programme, a talk show called Noeleen after the host. At the start of the programme, I was looking forward to seeing Gordon's accuracy in action. By the end of the programme, I was disappointed. The people who phoned in to the show seemed fairly happy with the information that they received, but I was left feeling unsatisfied with the quick rushed feeling to the readings and the lack of depth. It was therefore incredibly interesting for me to read Gordon's own account of the show in Though My Eyes, in which he talks candidly about his reluctance to do what he calls "McMessages" and how he abandoned his principles in this regard when asked to provide readings on Noeleen's show.

Gordon's regret over succumbing to McMessages in South Africa and his commitment to providing proper in-depth readings for those who have lost a loved one, is far more reflective of his spirit and the energy that surrounds his writing. Overall, Gordon comes across as loving and very down-to-earth, and the overall feeling that I experienced while reading Through My Eyes was one of comfort. In this book, Gordon not only describes what he experiences when communicating with spirits, but also covers the most common concerns that people have about what happens to their loved ones after physical death and about how to continue to live after bereavement. For example, Gordon discusses subjects such as the resolution of "unfinished business" in one's relationship with the deceased, how spirits communicate with their loved ones to let them know that they are okay, and why messages from spirits are sometimes delayed until the time is right for them to be expressed.

Throughout the book, Gordon's message is inspirational and healing, allowing people to progress through the process of grieving in a healthy manner instead of torturing themselves with feelings of guilt and anger. Each chapter contains many examples from Gordon's experiences as a medium, fascinating in themselves, but also used to good effect to illustrate the information about death, dying and living contained in this book.
on 3 August 2013
I have red a lot of books about mediums ( 'Inc Gordon's Books) he is one of the best there is too. Why do I say that? I have a double 'wammy' here.....
When I was in Glasgow 10 years ago I did get to see him work before he was a really well know TV Medium and I DID get to be on the same stage as him and share some Clairvoyance in the same Demonstration. he is 'fast' with his deliveries ( Unlike Royal Mail with their Amazon stuff!) and with that broad Scottish accent is difficult to catch his words unless you really tune and adjust to him you will get good evidence from him. He IS the genuine thing and he IS a good Medium. I DID enjoy this book and I DO recommend it but it is NOT his best from all the mant Books he has written. You will enjoy the book if you like Spiritual words c
I'm fascinated by Gordon Smith, he really makes the case for the truth of mediumship. I'd never read a book of his before and only picked this up because I'm going through a very hard time and needed some comfort-reading, and this was so cheap on Kindle. I enjoyed it very much - I can't say it's the best book I've ever read, or the best written; it's rather patchy in form and content, highly anecdotal, with no clear purpose in view, it seemed to me, but still a fascinating, easy read. I enjoyed it enough to invest in another of Gordon's books, The Unbelievable Truth, which I'm enjoying much more; a much better structured, purposeful and meaningful read than Through My Eyes - but TME is a great introduction to the man and his work that I'm very glad I read.
on 28 December 2014
This book brought great comfort to me personally I had all the feelings of being lost guilt ridden etc .Gordon's book as given me a reason to pick myself up and try to be happy for my parents and brother thank you xx
on 2 February 2013
Good book good subject and great person. Bought this to take on holiday and was not disappointed. Just wish he was my neighbour we could have so many interesting chats. He really is fascinating.
on 26 February 2017
I read this book on the advice of my teacher who said anything from Gordon Smith I would trust. And for a trainee it was good. I found that Gordon's explanation of what medium really is cut the fantasy from the reality and was grounding. Knowing what my roles and responsibilities are actually helped improve my practice in the classroom. I guess one could say I stopped trying and let spirit be.

Full of really helpful advice that I have found useful in my own practice.