Customer reviews

Ordinary World
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.00

on 14 August 2014
Good holiday read (along with other two parts) ...quite predictable though
VINE VOICEon 7 June 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was quite looking forward to reading this one as I did enjoy Faking It.
However this wasnt nearly as good.
I really felt for Andi's character and putting myself in that situation I can only guess at how it would make me feel and at the beginning of the book it made for compelling reading.
But....it didnt last long, if you have read the first book then its obvious who she meets in Rome, but then a new relationship starts up with this person again.

I actually found Andi exhausting in this book, she was selfish and annoying and (in my opinion) kept leading Dev/David on. I liked him a lot more in this book than the first one but there were a few times I wanted him to man up and tell her to stop messing him about. What also annoyed me was the way Andi kept calling him Devin when he is actually David, it was quite ignorant and well annoying.

I found myself flicking through and scanning the pages and I hate to go through books that way... I wanted to enjoy this but I didnt. A big part of me thinks maybe the author should have just left Andi's story at the end of Faking It.
on 10 June 2014
Fantastic storyline. A very sensitive book dealing with love,death grief and acceptance. I was thoroughly hooked from beginning to the end. It was the sort of book that had me laughing one minute and crying the next
on 16 April 2014
Loved it! Make sure you read the first book in this series first and I bet, like me, you'll want to read the third part as soon as you finish this one! I'm now of to download it, I've read them all one after each other and have been thoroughly impressed.
VINE VOICEon 11 June 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I hadn't read the book that preseds this one, Faking It, but I needn't have worried as I got into this book immediately. It begins with the death of the main character Andi's husband, and follows her through the grieving process. It seems so totally real, it is as if you are hearing about a friend. Andi is a very likeable, very real character, and I found her very easy to identify with. Some of the book made me cry, it was heart wrenching, but other parts made me laugh out loud. It also gave me a good insight into the ways in which people deal with grief and sorrow. A great book, I'm going to have to read Faking It as well now!
on 30 September 2014
I liked this book, I got it for free as an Amazon offer and read it very quickly as I enjoyed it immensely. Having just lost a family member it was also good to read from that perspective. its a good story and I love how the lead character Andi develops throughout the book and you really get to want her to be ok. Sometimes it can be a little bit cheesy, but I think that is just a slight culture clash between my English mind and an American writer, but I really liked it, found it a realistic portrayal of grief and it felt like it had a very positive message too. Good plane/beach/tube read
on 20 June 2014
l wound recommend this to all my family members they Will want to read it over and over again like myself
thanks
on 10 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book, it deals with the really difficult subject of grief yet it is not a sad book. Mostly it is about how we all have things that happen to us in life which effect how we relate to one another, I know it made me examine some aspects of my behaviour. Yet it is a very moving and enjoyable love story as well, fast paced and extremely well written. I highly recommend this book.
on 1 September 2011
After coming across the first book Faking It by browsing in the Kindle sale I really enjoyed it and was at a loss when it finished. To my delight I noticed that the author's other books included this sequel and went straight to it. It was very satisfying to know what happened next. I totally recommend this book
on 19 September 2014
I like stories which are about real life - warts, grief, loss and all. This was a good sequel although Andi did get a little bit annoying at times and I tried to forgive her. A very good read, and if you like stories about real family life then you'll also enjoy Now is our Time.