Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 6 December 2011
I've tried to play around with the other versions of the Gorillapod from Joby and they work excellent, but the materials they used to make their Video tripod seems to be of lesser quality.
After a few days of using this tripod the head broke off. As you can see on the photos of the product the ball joint is made of metal and the head itself is made of plastic. The plastic material they used to connect the head to the ball joint wasn't strong enough to handle a few days of use.
on 20 October 2013
I note other reviewers' comments about the flimsiness of the head, but I've had no problems over a couple of month's constant use.

I'm already a Gorillapod user for a compact camera, so I'm a fan of the unique leg design - I've rigged it on fence posts, swimming pool railings, a room picture rail for family Christmas groups, a car window, etc. I bought this for the panning head to use with a compact video camera. The panning is reasonably smooth; the design is still pocketable and folds easily and I haven't broken it yet!

Like.
on 23 February 2016
This is a great little tripod. This is actually my second one, as I lost the first. It has a great variety of options for the legs to fold. They'll wrap around most things. The feet are magnetised, and the magnets are really strong. It'll hold my TZ60 upside down using the magnets alone.
The arm is handy for panning smoothly if you're shooting video, or for getting the camera just right for stills.

There's a nice little screw-in adaptor for the bottom of the camera, which clips into the tripod securely. There's a locking mechanism to make a quick release.

The tripod is a nice size. Easily fits into my small messenger bag. It's the perfect tripod for days out and holidays when using a compact camera.
on 19 April 2014
I had the problem of the mount not being able to hold an iPhone 5 without it slowly tilting forward.
I tightened the screw on the panning arm slightly and the problem is now solved.

Magnets hold well and best grip is achieved if the base of the magnetic feet are flat on the surface
on 26 April 2013
Joby market this as being suitable for camcorders up to 325g, however it was completely incapable of holding up my camcorder, a Panasonic HC-V500 weighing about 270g. The camera just tilts backwards as the joint on the ball head isn't strong enough to keep it upright. It may well be completely fine for those mini "candy bar" camcorders, but useless as far as I'm concerned, it's going straight back.
on 11 March 2014
I bought this tripod for my panasonic lumix rough camera as I was looking for a small tripod suitable for videos to take backpacking with me. However, I didn't even get a chance to attach my camera to it as the head fell off while getting it out of the packaging. I was incredibly disappointed with this product but ended up getting a GorillaPod Hybrid in the sale at PC world! Which is much better quality and worked out cheaper! It is larger, and looks & feels more durable.
on 5 August 2016
Not fit for purpose. The idea is nice but even when using the smallest Go Pro camera you can't utilise the pan function as the tripod can't support the weight of the camera. As soon as you try to pan it tilts the camera so you can't get a nice smooth consistent movement. Saw a couple other reviews voice similar concerns but thought it would be fine for such a small compact camera but sadly not.

Good idea and the magnetic feet are a great addition to the Joby products but this simply isn't up to scratch. Hugely disappointed to find this out too late
on 14 January 2014
Good item so far. Have used it around the house a little for recording and even used to watch a movie whilst in the bath!

The size of the item you wish to grip on can be a factor in the stability and I still steady the tripod when using the pan/tilt.

Can be folded neatly too to save some space for storage
on 22 July 2013
Only just received today so haven't had much time to play with this, but my first impressions are that the build quality seems to be good, it's sturday and holds my compact camera, even at 20 zoom absolutely fine, and is so much better than me trying to keep my hands still when taking a photo! Can't wait to get out and use it more! I only ordered this item on Friday and I received it Monday, even on standard delivery!
on 26 February 2016
The 2* review may be a little unfair, as it's quite a nice product - for something the size of a GoPro.

However, the listing says it is suitable for cameras up to 325g, So I expected it to be suitable for my 280g Sony Alpha A5100 - it isn't.

Mine was returned immediately (thanks Amazon for the speedy collection!) as it's quite simply not suitable for what I needed it for, and it is advertised of being capable of. That said, if you want a small tripod for an action camera like a GoPro or Garmin Virb it's a nice, well made, little tripod and the magnetic feet would be a great benefit.

Personally, I'll stick with my SLR GorillaPod :)