TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 December 2015
I heard this track at one of my dance classes and liked it so much that I bought the CD second hand. It's very catchy so brilliant to listen to whilst doing chores and it'll also be great to rebound to on my mini-trampoline.
on 12 October 2017
great singingon a non album disc
on 8 October 2017
Great
on 17 February 2018
Thanks
on 13 August 2013
Very easy listening Joe excells himself will play it over & over again also liked by all my family & friends
on 11 October 2013
he sings so well and you can hear what he sings,brings pleasure to you .will buy other s that he records
on 30 August 2014
Disappointed with this I expected better
on 1 November 2010
Great that Joe has finally released this. His vocal skills are terrific --- it's a shame they producers had to mess with it by using a Squeezer and echo. He really doesn't need the tech to enhance his voice. Hope the next one really shows what he can do vocally -- Joe -- if you're reading this produce an album of all the numbers you did on the X-Factor....
2 people found this helpful
on 15 October 2010
At first I wasn't sure about "Ambition's", but the song grows on you and now I love it."If you love me" is excellent too. Looking forward to the album. Well done Joe.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 October 2010
This sounds very different from the Joe of last year's X Factor but once you get over the initial surprise/shock of the high notes, you realise how much this style suits him. It's a very brave direction for him to go in for his first single after The Climb, especially as so many voted for 'the voice' last year and admittedly this song doesn't showcase it quite as much. However, clearly Joe enjoys this upbeat, pop style and it shows in his performances of Ambitions. It is heavily synthesised (rather than autotuned, which some people seem to be confusing the synthesised sound with) but that makes it current and fresh. I'm certain there will be more songs on his album which will fully showcase the fantastic vocals that Joe's fans love so much (e.g. Superman which I know is on there). For some people this single is a grower. My husband wasn't sure about this song at first but really likes it now and I've heard others say the same, so I think (and hope!) it has 'staying power'.

I wasn't a great fan of The Climb but downloaded it to support Joe last year and because I love his voice. I've bought Ambitions because I genuinely enjoy it. Fan or not of Joe's, I would still have bought it. I like the B side 'If you love me' even more.

Radio 1 also recently played the dance remix of Joe's Ambitions and that was absolutely fantastic. This is up on YouTube as the Cahill Remix Edit.

The happy, upbeat sound of both tracks on this single suit Joe's personality (and age) well. For fans of his voice, he has also recently done acoustic versions of Ambitions and Rihanna's 'Love the way you lie' (which I can't stop listening to; his vocals are incredible) and these are on YouTube.

Joe is extremely talented, with a lovely personality and I'm proud to count myself as one of his fans. I can't wait for his album which is due for release in just a couple of weeks!

He deserves a number 1 with this and I really hope that he gets it.
13 people found this helpful