on 23 January 2012
I bought my first pair of these a good three years ago (Bridgedale All Mountain Socks).
I was so pleased with them that the second pair followed almost immediately. I now have 6 pairs and only ever use other socks in an "emergency", when all the bridgedales are in the wash.

What I love about them:
- they keep your feet warm in the cold
- they keep your feet dry and non-sweaty even in summer
- they have a great cushioning effect and don't rub - never had a blister with then even in new boots
- I chuck them in the washing machine at 40º (inside out). No fuss or special treatment needed
- after 3 years they are still soft and have hardly any bibbles (I tried various other merino socks before, all of which turned into clump shedding felted lumps fairly quickly)
- they conform to your feet without being tight and don't slip - no bunching baggy toe bit either
- you can push them down to your ankles when warm and pull them over your calf when cold - perfect length for that. Instant temperature regulation. E.g. during bike ride, to keep your calf muscles warm at a rest stop.
- they haven't lost their shape even after 3 years of constant use
- this is gross but, at a pinch, you can easily wear them for 3 days without much pong. And this is from someone who used to have a bit of a wiffy feet problem.

I wear them all year round apart from those few days when it's too warm for any type of socks and the sandals come out. Although when I'm fairly sure noone's looking I do wear them in my hiking sandals, as you get the breeze through to cool your feet but any sweat is wicked away and you don't end up sticking to your sandals...

last autumn I leant a pair to my aunt when she was staying as she gets cold feet very easily. She was so taken by the comfy toasty feet bliss that she asked for some as a christmas present (This very purchase). She's been wearing them a lot since and is so happy with them that she's now bought two more pairs herself.
Another convert! :)
on 10 May 2012
These are really well made socks that stay up and do not attempt to cut off the circulation.
Very soft and have a sensible level of underfoot padding. The price was good but not exceptional, however no complaints here.
on 26 March 2014
My previous purchases of these socks lasted 10 years despite being worn most of the year round, washing in the machine after each wear and yet they stayed soft, supple and intact so when I saw these I grabbed them. These are great value and very comfortable but not quite as hard-wearing nor as good quality as the originals. They are very soft and allow your feet to breathe and fit well and are definitely worth the money.
on 15 March 2016
Comfortable sock that didn't create any rucks when wearing. Weather was never very cold so I can't comment on warmth in extreme cold but it kept my feet warm in the early morning when the temperature was in negative single figures.
on 19 November 2011
Great value, very comfy, very long and they keep your feet warm. I don't climb mountains but they are great for dog walking.
on 26 May 2016
These socks have been fantastic,warmer than any others and extremely comfy and I have worn nothing else but Bridgedale socks since I first discovered them several years ago. I have Reynauds Disease so my feet are cold all the time, even in the summer sometimes. However I am very sorry to say that I doubt that I will continue with them now as knee length for ladies are no longer available
on 19 April 2014
My husband wore these With his Bridgedale Everyday Outdoors Coolmax Liner, and they were really warm and comfortable through some very cold days of a high altitude trek in Nepal. Fit well, and the elastic holds the socks up without cutting off circulation.
on 15 December 2014
Excellent, typical quality and comfortable Bridgedale socks. I don't use these for skiing, although they would possibly be suitable. Although one reviewer didn't think they were as warm as some socks he owned, I would say they were more than warm enough (Bridgedale's own rating - Warmest). Wonderful comfortable fit and after several washes, have proved to hold their shape and structure. I was so pleased with them I bought further pairs and consider them excellent for winter gardening, dog walking and even use them for mountain biking on occasion.

My ONLY complaint is that although when you first put them on, you can't believe they would ever slip down your leg, I've found they quite frequently do before the end of the day ~ but then I have got extremely skinny legs!

You can get cheaper socks at M&S, but these Bridgedales seem to wash better, hold their shape better and are warmer ~ for me they're worth the extra cost
on 5 November 2015
Simply put, "best socks ever". Is it a bit sad of me to say I actually look forward to these socks coming round in my walking sock rotation.

A rare case of buying something so much more expensive than the bog standard is really worth it.

Great, great socks, can't recommend them enough, I love 'em! Treat yourself to one pair at least if you are a serious walker.
on 20 August 2015
Like to wear these when in winter. Although they have elastication, they still fall towards the ankles after a short walk. These shrunk a bit as expected in a Bosch washer on Quick Wash cycle at 40 degrees. Thus 4 stars.

See one answered question