on 12 April 2017
The screw holding the handle in place has gone rusty after a couple of uses. Then the handle fell off.

I've replaced the item with an even cheaper lid, and that one is much better.
review image
9 people found this helpful
on 23 August 2017
I bought this to fit a Tefal 28cm frying pan - if you read my review of that frying pan Tefal 28cm Hard Titanium Non-Stick Thermo-Spot Frying Pan - Black you will find it has one star because the 28cm lid (which is exactly 28cm in diameter) does not fit. That's because the frying pan is not 28cm - it is slightly less. So - I bought a different frying pan from Wilkinsons and what do you know - this lid fits perfectly. Five pound frying pan - eight pound lid but at least the combination works. The lid has a nice feel and weight to it too. Highly recommended.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2017
I'm giving this 5 stars because I think it's good value, it's glass, it has a metal vent hole, and I'm very happy with it.

Note however the dimensions - 27.5 cm to the outside of the inner rim (i.e. the rim that slots inside the rim of your pan) - 28.5 cm to the outside of the outer rim (the rim that sits on top of the rim of our pan). It's a good weight, so it doesn't slide about or anything, no steam leaks out the sides and I'm not aware of the fit while in use. But if it's going to bug you not to have a precise geometric correlation between the lid and your pan, then yeah, measure up first.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2017
This product arrived in peculiar packaging (packaging for a garden hose). It was made in China came with a screw and knob which I attached. My concern is that this screw is not food-safe and that condensation on the screw will drip onto my food. Also, the knob material is a cheap plastic suitable for grasping the lid, but I'm not sure if it's food safe. For £5, I guess I shouldn't expect much but I hope this information is useful to others. Given the packaging, and concerns about fitness for food use and material of the know, I would have opted for other options.
review imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2016
This is a perfectly good lid and fitted a pan I bought where the retailer didn't have the corresponding lid in stock. Well done, Amazon. BUT the knob came off after a few days and this was because the screw holding it on was too short and only engaged in the tapered part of the plastic knob which was too fragile to take the load. Fortunately I had a spare bolt from a lavatory seat which when cut to size fitted perfectly and penetrated into the body of the knob. To date it is working perfectly. I think the manufacturer should take note of this deficiency. A longer screw is all that is needed to make this a 5 star purchase.
on 14 December 2017
Very nice product. All fry pans are not the same diameter, but with a little fiddling, this item will cover most pans. Tefal? Not so much. A touch too large.However let it drip over one side,and no problem.
on 26 April 2017
if you think a 28cm lid fits a 28cm pan - forget it.
It is slightly too big! and I have thrown it out rather than the hassle of returning it.
The moral of the story here is that if you want a new pan then get one with a lid included from the start.
on 16 April 2015
Was very happy with this when purchased - fit my older Tefal wok/stir fry pan perfectly, not so well the more modern one, but..... however, after a slight accidental 'drop' into the sink, glass remaining perfectly intact, the plastic knob broke/came apart and there's a 'ding' on the metal lid rim (cue Sugru and Gorilla glue)! Have since bought the 'Judge' product for almost similar price and am very very happy, much sturdier/quality item, fits 28cm stir fry pan/wok etc well. Would recommend going for the Judge pan lid, not this one, sorry. Pity :-(
on 6 August 2012
When I received the product, the black plastic knob used to lift the lid had already started to disintegrate around the edges and it was loose. I tightened the screw holding the knob to the lid, with some difficulty as the grooves holding the screw were far from perfect, and removed the disintegrating edge. I decided not to return the product as it is still useful and difficult to substitute and the hassle of returning it is too much in relation to it's cost.
7 people found this helpful
on 10 September 2017
I bought this to go with the Jamie Oliver frying pan and it's a perfect match! Most highly recommended. Goes in the dishwasher and comes up smiling every time.