Ancol Acticat Cat Play Tunnel
Size: Pack Of 1|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 February 2016
The first thing to note about this tunnel is the quality of the material. It's strong, the grey and pink stripes are vibrant and it's crinkly. It makes a noise and in my experience, cats find this intriguing and irresistible. I have a couple of other tunnels for the cat. She loves both, but particularly likes the one with a couple of peep holes which allow her to rush in to the tube, appear through a peep hole, disappear and rush out.

The Actcat tunnel is the best by far. It's three way, so she has a choice of entry and exit points, which seems to appeal. The peep hole at the centre point provides her opportunity to rush in, hide them pop up when her humans least expect it. Great amusement all round. So far she can take or leave the playball attachment. This is, by far, the noisiest tunnel she has and she's taken particular enjoyment in playing in it when her humans are trying to listen to music or watch TV. So win win all round for her!

She loves it. It folds and ties closed for ease of storage when not in use. The nylon fabric seems really strong and I'm looking forward to setting this up on the lawn once the weather improves. It's a really good quality play tunnel at a very competitive price.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2016
I bought this a while ago for my rabbit. Although it is advertised for cats, I had yet to find a tunnel advertised my rabbit which was worth the money and that he also fitted in (he is about the same size as a cat, if a little wider!) I wasn't sure if he would like it but it had good reviews so I took the chance.

When it arrived, it was easy to open and set up, although it is quite large when open so you need quite a bit of floor space for it. There was some sort of cat toy attached which dangled down from the hole, but I cut this off as I didn't think it was rabbit friendly.

The tunnel has 3 arms and a hole in the middle. My rabbit has the time of his life running through it, hiding in it and popping his head through the middle. It is one of his favourite toys and he spends hours entertained by it. Be warned it does make a crinkling noise every time the material is touched, so definitely not a quiet toy!

I don't have the floor space to have this out all the time, so luckily it folds up. This can be quite difficult to get to grips with, as you have to have all the sections lined up exactly right in order for the plastic bits to fit in the loops to secure it. I am giving it 4 stars for this reason, because many months later I have still not figured out an easy way to do this!

Overall though, this is a great tunnel which is not only for cats!
review imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2017
My 4year old cat decided she liked this tunnel straight away. You never know with cats if they will like something or not! I find it great fun to watch her explore and play, she pops her head out of a hole in the centre. It is a good size, very well made and I am sure it will bring my cat and me many hours of enjoyment!
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2015
I have two Ragdoll cats: one is 15 months old and another is 8 months old. My smaller cat is absolutely in love with it! the other cat not so much, as she feels it's little bit on a small side for her (she is 5.5kg). I have created a video and it's on YouTube, if anyone wishes to see - please search for "Unpacking Ancol ActiCat Cat Tunnel" by Daisy Blue & Boris SugarPuffs, as I'm not sure I am allowed to put links to YouTube here...
review imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2015
My two 9 month old boys love this tunnel. It's pretty big and takes up a fair portion of our living room, but the do love having their mad half hour chasing each other, and this has added a new dimension to their play, much better than the single pronged shorter tunnels you get in pet shops for more money!

So far (2 weeks) this has stood up to abuse well. We leave it out most of the time, having only folded it back up for visitors coming once. It is a bit of a pain to fold back up, but it's not too difficult. The material is showing no signs of ripping or damage and I've seen the cats drag the whole thing around the room with their teeth, and they've managed to flip it over on several occasions, so it's getting a good hammering.

They love chasing each other through, fighting in, and dragging this thing around. They take their other toys inside to play and use it to hide for a quick pounce on a passing carer or brother, or for a cat-nap.

It's a hit with us, and even after a couple of weeks it's still getting lots of use, so I think we have a long term hit on our hands.
on 19 December 2016
Was originally worried about buying this, my cat used to have a smaller tunnel when she was a lot younger but now that she's 10, I will keep buying her things and she won't use them! I thought maybe getting her a tunnel again she would use it as I know cats like their enclosed spaces.

It came when expected and looks just like the photo. But the best part of it is my cat uses it! She'll just walk though or hide in there when she gets scared and she sleeps in there a lot too!

Would hilghly recommend and would buy another if needed.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 7 October 2013
My kitty already has a tunnel but it is a straight one, and when I saw this I thought how fab it looked with the three tunnels to race through. The reviews were all fantastic so I ordered one straight away.
It was delivered within 48 hours of ordering, even though the delivery estimate was for over a week, so I was thrilled that it arrived so quickly. Sadly I was out so a card was left and then it was the weekend, but I have picked it up today from the sorting office.

Kitty absolutely loves it. I hadn't even unfastened all 3 tunnels before he leapt in, and he has been lying in there playing for about an hour now. He has taken some of his toys in there. He likes to peep through one tunnel and then turn round and peep through another when I peep back at him.

The fabric is strong and durable and is lined with a crinkly, rustly material that kitty loves. He adores paper bags so this must seem like a giant rustly paper bag tunnel to him!
He is not a small cat but gets in very easily and there is plenty of room for cats even bigger than he is, so if anyone is wondering whether their cat will fit then yes, there is ample room and height for cats of all sizes.
There is a large hole in the top of the centre where the three tunnels meet, and cats can jump in through there if they wish. It's handy for poking toys in for him to grab!

An absolutely fantastic toy that I would recommend for all cat owners. And the company, VetUK, are to be commended on fantastic, quick delivery, and a well-packed product (large good quality jiffy bag so it arrived in one piece!). If I had been home at the time I would have had this within 48 hours which is fab!

Kitty is thrilled, and I'm thrilled!
on 14 July 2012
I noticed my young cat LOVES the brown paper packaging that often comes with the Amazon boxes, so looked into getting something like this after seeing a kid use something similar. Just big enough, not too huge or ugly looking, doesn't look bad in the house or get in the way, folds for storage and makes me laugh every time my cat uses it. I did browse the different shapes and sizes for a while and liked the idea of this with the 3 tunnels! Cat likes to dive bomb into the middle and lurk in the tunnels looking out.
Colour isn't bad either, as it's not too bright or dark, though I do wish pet items would stay away from typical blue and pink! This IS a nice combo though with the grey, so as long as the cat likes it, I can withstand the pink in this ;0) May even be getting another one, as it's worth the money to keep cat entertained.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2012
It comes flat and springs into life when you undo the attachments. This is a little big. But great if you have the space. My cat loves it. She not only enjoys using the conventional three entrances at the beginning of each tunnel. But there is also TOP entrance in the centre which my cat jumps in to. I sometimes throw a ball or toy through one of the tunnels and she runs into another tunnel to fetch it. Or i throw a toy in the top entrance and she jumps into the hole to find it.She has had(and continues to have) a lot of fun. She is VERY rough with it (at times), and it STILL remains in tact. Was going to get the SINGLE tunnel for £9.99. But for the sake of another three pounds, decided on the three-way tunnel. As i say, it IS big, but it's a great product. If you wish to pack it back up for 'storage', it will take a lot of patience to work out how to get it flat (if you CAN manage it). I CAN'T. But it CAN still be PARTLY packed flat(ish) if you wish to put it away. Highly recommended product. Great seller too.
on 1 February 2015
My cats quite like this. However, it is very large and I have found it totally impossible to fold back to its original flat shape even following other reviews on here. I have now just tied it together with a piece of rope. If you have a very large area this is fine but in normal size rooms it cannot be left out all the time and the pain of trying to fold it up means I don't want to actually get it out. Shame really as a very good tunnel which my two cats liked playing in. Unfortunately have gone back to the two smaller tunnels which are easier to fold up.