Customer reviews

Bed Of Nails Pillow Acupressure Pillow Green
Colour: Green|Change

on 25 April 2017
Bought this in February as I was suffering chronic neck pain when sleeping. This was great to sleep on when I first bought it - I was pretty impressed, but after only about 5 weeks I started waking in the night with neck pain and headaches once again. It has become mis-shapen and no longer provides the correct support. The pain and headaches have gradually got worse to the point I can no longer use it.

I would have expected it to last longer than 5 weeks usage for the price. There is no option to return it for a refund.
on 15 July 2017
Bizarre at first but once you get used to it this is wonderful. De-stresses me, helps me sleep and sends me into a fantastic tranquil state. Takes some time to relax into as it is very sharp but works better than anything else I've tried to help me sleep and unwind.
on 17 June 2017
Great cushion. I use it with the mat and lie on the floor. After 10 mins everyday for a week I felt a big difference in my back and shoulders. I think taking the 10 mins out of a busy life helped relax too.
on 6 April 2017
Good - effective
on 28 April 2017
Love it.
on 31 August 2011
This item is great for the neck and head. Can be used in so many ways.

I have used it to alleviate neck tension, shoulder tension, headache, neckache....I have even used it and gotten rid of headaches creeping up from my neck into my head that only painkillers could previously get rid of.

I even use it for Achilles tendon pain....works wonders.
If the needles seem to sharp and painful...place a tissue or piece of muslin cloth on the needles first.

Absolutely fantastic product.....beware of the rush of oxygen that you can feel going up to your head! Alive is what I call it!
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2017
As soon as this arrived I grabbed it out of the box and used it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and walk with crutches, which after a while makes my lower back hurt. I thought this would be a great idea as a lumbar support / pain reliever while sitting in my office chair. I had read previous reviews and instructions that said to start out wearing a t-shirt, but this did nothing for me, so I went for direct skin contact. It did feel a little prickly initially but I quickly got used to it and felt an area of warmth spreading across my lower back. I started to relax and enjoy the sensation. Recommended period of use is 10 mins to start and then 20 mins, but I quite happily used it for over an hour with no problems, and during that time, my back did not hurt at all! I've also bought a mat to use in bed, and I am seriously looking forward to crawling under the covers tonight!
on 8 January 2017
Like the mat of the same brand, it's a little pricey compared to other brands that offer the same for nearly half the price.

In terms of packaging, It came in a professional looking box with window about 2 inches squared. This is so you can see the colour of the pillow. You also get a bag with shoulder straps to carry it in. This is quite handy and it fits perfectly.

As for the product compared to the mat, it may take a lot longer to get used to. I could handle bare skin on the mat but the pillow is another level. I actually bought for a gift but tried it myself. Had to use a t-shirt to dampen the intensity. This is not for the faint hearted. Use with caution.
on 30 August 2017
Bed Of Nails Pillow Acupressure Pillow GreenA great, and very relaxing way to relieve stress and headaches. They are covered in spikes that dig into your neck and/or head. But this is what they are designed to do.The pillow is well made, and the buttons with many spikes are tough and ridged. It tends to massage your neck and head as you move, together with manipulating what you could term as a form of acupuncture.
Try not to get 'put off' when first laying on them, as I said that initial difficulty does become non-existent, giving you the treatment that eases that neck or head issue.
on 10 January 2014
I bought one of these some time ago, and I do like to use it when my neck and shoulders (and even my back) are sore, or actually PAINFUL. It is a relaxing way to stimulate the "endorphins" and wash away pain.

(Incidentally, I just read a review on amazon.com about a bed of nails, and it was rather negative, but of course everything doesn't work for EVERYBODY does it? The other reviews were excellent.)

I am going to order a "proper" bed of nails, for my spine. I often have back stiffness and pain, briefly or otherwise, and I think this will help a lot. I practise ACUPRESSURE and also TRIGGER POINT therapy, and would recommend books on these subjects from Amazon without reservation!
55 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse