on 9 September 2016
doesnt work
on 28 November 2010
Wow, this Wii remote looks even better in real life then the pictures show above.

I ordered from amazon and received a couple of days later. The packaging is great and overall the product seems to be of excellent build quality. When I took the remote out it had no battery life, so I charged it with the supplied USB charging cable through the back of my Wii console, a full charge took about three hours and have been playing all weekend with it and the charge is still full.

The nunchuk works fine with the remote, as does the MotionPlus accessory.

The sonic screwdriver wii remote has the feel of a first party product, the buttons work, the pointer works, the motion controls work, all to the standard of the official remote.

If you know someone with a Wii and they are also a Dr Who fan I couldn't recommend this product high enough!
on 1 November 2010
I saw this item advertised some weeks ago and was unsure if it would be worth buying. There are many third party Wii Remotes available on the market now and many of them lack quality to say the least.

This remote however is superb! The Packaging is vibrant and the quality of the controller itself superb. This is a must have for any Dr Who Wii loving child.

Often branded products suffer from a higher price point than necessary, but with this controller I think they have got it just right.

I am incredibly pleased with this item and I know my lad will be this Christmas.
33 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2013
Mine came with a dead battery which refused to charge. From what I've read online, it seems that the majority of the remaining stock of these remotes suffers from the same problem, presumably due to the age of the batteries, which don't like being left discharged for long periods.

The good news is that the battery can be replaced with any 3.7v rechargeable LiPo battery such as those sold for handheld games, MP3 players or RC helicopters. There are plenty of options available on Ebay for a few pounds - just check the size as there is a limited amount of space available inside. I couldn't find one with the appropriate connector (a 2-pin JST PH housing) but you can either fit one of these yourself or cut off the wires from the old battery and connect them to the new one.

Getting inside the case is relatively easy - just undo the 6 screws and gently prise the case open with a fingernail. It snaps back together easily when you're done, just take care that the various loose parts are correctly seated.
on 27 January 2011
I ordered this wiimote as my 12yearold son(who is a huge doctor who fan) wanted to buy it out of his xmas money.
My son thinks this is the coolest thing ever and could not be more happy with his purchase.

Plus points:
1. Rechargeable, Its rechargeable so no need for loads of batteries or trying to find a rechargeable pack to fit.

2. Works, It works just as well as the official wiimotes including a slot for the nun-chuck.

3. Price, for a wiimote and rechargeable battery pack for just over 20quid is a excellent price.

4. Comfortable, I personally find the rounder shape of this wiimote more comfortable at times than the normal square chunky shaped wiimote.

5. Doctor who fans/ novelty, for fans this is excellent but also everyone else wants to play with it because its different.

6. Delivery, I ordered this from amazon on boxing day and it arrived 2days later on the Tuesday so I was very impressed with just how speedy delivery was given the bank holiday.

Bad points:
(Well there isn't really any but if I am picking fault)

1. Not so good for jogging, the shape of this mote is not very good for putting in your pocket and jogging but you always have the option of holding the mote in your hand.

2.I did personal expected a flashing light or something (has the normal lights of a wiimote) like the toy sonic screwdrivers but when your adsorbed in a game that would not be important any way.
on 3 November 2010
Last year my little boy was given the sonic screw driver toy for xmas, he literally wouldn't put it down, until now!

We struggle to get him off the Wii now as he wants to play all his games with the new remote.

Lucky for us the remote charges off the console so we don't have to keep replacing the batteries! This is a high quality bit of kit and we cant wait to get him the new Dr Who game to play along with it.
on 10 January 2011
I bought the sonic screwdriver remote for my son who is 10. He loves it and says it really looks like the real thing. The best part about it is that it charges by usb lead direct into the wii or a laptop/PC so doesn't use endless batteries like the regular remotes.
on 30 December 2012
Bought as a Christmas present. Arrived on time, but product looked as if it had been used before- box was open, product displaced inside box, and a couple of small marks on the handle. The Dr Who remote looks good, and feels good in the hand, but unfortunately like many other reviews, the remote did not hold its charge, even after several hours of charging. The remote worked when connected via the charging cable, even sync'ing was easy, but when disconnected from the charging cable, it would not work. I have returned it to Amazon for a refund. If you want to take the gamble, only buy from companies using Amazon to fulfil the order.
on 17 July 2011
This item not only looks great but my litle brother thinks it is so cool, & so do I!
It is a fantastic gift idea.
on 31 May 2013
This is a fab idea and the remote looks great. Its lightweight, works exactly the same way as all the wii remotes and has exactly the same buttons, so it is very easy to use. Unfortunatly, the one I received did not work properly. Its supposed to run on an internal, rechargable battery but it just refused to charge from the word go. It works perfectly fine providing it is plugged into the wii via a usb wire but as a wireless remote, which is what it is designed to be, it just does not work. As the wire that it comes with, is only about 30cms long, using it while plugged in is very impracticable. After having a mooch online, it appears that this none charging thing is a very common fault on this remote. From what I can tell, it seems to be about a 50/50 chance as to whether you get one that works or not. I was really disappointed with this purchase.