on 29 May 2014
I haven't been impressed with this so far (other than the speed that it came :)
According to the blurb, it should be able to be rotated, though I can't see a way to rotate it, without unscrewing. I was expecting it to work like the polarising filters that I have.

I've got a very old starburst filter - I can clearly see the lines etched on it; I can't at all on this one. Initially, I thought I'd got the wrong thing, but it does say "star" on the side.

I've tried it on/off taking images of things like a candle flame, but it's making no difference that I can see.
on 27 June 2012
These filters are great! I am an amateur photographer, so VERY please with the quality and cost of this product.
on 13 December 2013
Used on a Canon EOS M Compact System Camera

A handy lens filter to add a little bit "extra" to your photo's.

There's ordinary snaps, and then there's composed photographs which have that little extra, and in this case you get the starburst twinkle on any street lights etc.

Quick shipping from Germany.
on 15 April 2013
Had this bought for me for xmas, and when we had snow in the New Year, it was fab going out and about during the evening as the lights from trees ect twinkled lovley on the snow. Would highly recomend.
on 5 June 2013
Not the first I looked at but I did pick the best, feels really strong when screwing into place as others feel like cross threading
on 1 May 2013
awesome filter, works a treat and gives an awesome effect. i look forward to using it more on evening street photography projects
on 24 February 2013
This is just great, it gave a twinkle to sunsets and moon reflections added a nice touch, easy to put on and remove when wanted.
on 18 June 2013
Especially around water or at night with lots of small lights around. eight more words required you must be joking.
on 14 January 2013
Nice item and makes a nice job of night time lights.
Not sure if the one I received was made by "Neewer" as it is
not marked like the one in the photograph.
Took forever to arrive, I understand this company "BEST DEAL UK" is based
In China and ships a package every now and again to Wales
for re-distribution.
No Problem if you are not in a rush but they should make this clear.
on 4 January 2013
Time will tell about the build quality but all appears to be fine at the moment.

Effect wise it is very nice to use and the star effect is quite visible with the right lighting conditions. I have yet to play with it in direct sunlight, but photographing a fibre optic tree resulted in some good results.