Summer Infant Slumber Buddies Bella the Butterfly
Style: Bella the Butterfly|Change

on 13 March 2017
Edit: This takes AA batteries. Not AAA like it says in the description.
Eddie is a bit of a hero in our house. My two year old was going through a sleep regression and decided he wanted mummy there all the time and would cry and cry unless I was with him. He wanted songs to be sung until he dropped off and wanted the light on. He woke up multiple times and stayed up for almost 2 hours then passed out from pure exhaustion. We were all running on empty. I figured let's give this a try. Anything is worth a try at that point.
Our boy was thrilled with Eddie and now when we put it on it takes him just under 5 minutes to be asleep and if he wakes up during the night we switch Eddie on again and our son is out like a light.
We could not be more grateful to Eddie and his creators.

Eddie has three coloured lights and four light settings. Red, green, blue and light show (it runs through the cycle of red, green and blue on a loop, each colour getting about 10 seconds per colour before fading to the next). Red is the dimmest. It's quiet hard to see but if your little one only needs a bit of light then it's perfect. Green is the brightest. We use green at the start of the night and if he wakes during the night we use the blue light as it's a nice in between brightness. It lights up the room pretty well but it isn't enough to keep him awake. It's the perfect amount of light. The stars are clear on the ceiling too.
Timer, the settings are on the battery pack in his tummy. He can be set for 45, 30 or 15 mins. Then there's the off and try me setting.
It has maybe 3 or 4 volume options. We always use the quietest so he has to quiet down to hear it.
Sounds, the first song is my son's favourite and the one he always listens to. I believe it's mocking bird? Not entirely sure. But the other lullaby is nice too. The water running sound is a bit tinny and makes me need a wee, I don't want to see if it makes him need a wee too. The heart beat is nice. It's just my little one thinks it's ghosts. So we don't use that one. I'm thinking when I get paid we will have to get another Eddie incase this one dies on us.
It came with batteries and it was on the try me setting. It takes AA batteries. I bought a 40 pack of them just so I'm prepared for a lot of use. He doesn't actually use it lots though so the batteries that came with Eddie are lasting well so far.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
23 people found this helpful
on 19 July 2017
This product is wonderful, I love it. It helps my baby boy so much, we started putting him to sleep upstairs without us when he was about a month old and having the lights and sounds really helped him to relax. He always sleeps right through the night from 7-6. The different coloured lights are really vivid so you can clearly see them project on the ceiling/ wall. Plus, it has a timer for how long you want it to stay on for- so it has the added bonus of not being plugged into the wall and staying on all night (takes batteries). The only downside is that you have to turn the volume up to the loudest to hear the heartbeat setting and if you decide to change to a lullaby it can slightly startle the baby. Wouldn't be without mine now!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 17 February 2018
My daughter (4 months old) loves this little elephant. Before bath time we darken her nursery and put this on. The projection is really good, not used the music or white noise as we have other things for that. But to use as an affordable projector whilst they are young is perfect. It is really stimulating to her but also tiring for her as she has to look up, we love it! She follows with her eyes which leads to a more exhausted baby hence why we use it before bedtime.
She can use it to snuggle up with when she is older. Material is good. Really happy with our purchase.
on 18 March 2018
My son received one of these as a present when he was born and loves it so I bought 3 as presents for my expectant friends. they play 3 different tunes and the star's change colour when you press the button. As the baby gets older they can change the colours and tunes themselves. The lights light up the whole ceiling. The tunes are at a nice soothing volume. Would recommend for own use or s a gift. My kids aged 6 and 4 still love it.
on 22 November 2017
Worth every penny if only for the lights. (Not a big fan of the music so have only used it for the lights) Our 7 week old baby is absolutely transfixed by them in bed. In fact the first night we used it she got herself off to sleep. She absolutely loves it.
on 5 September 2017
My son is 13 weeks old and I have had this for a few days now and I Love it! The projection on to the ceiling is perfect for our snug nursery and the material is very soft and cuddly. There is a variety of music/rhyme and white noises. Only wished the volume has an even lower setting I find that lower decibels make me listen hard and therefore easier to fall asleep. I definitely recommend this product.
on 12 March 2018
We already got the elephant which is lovely, so I was expecting the frog to be the same, just as a different animal. I can't set the duration of the music, the lights don't change colour and the music is horrendous compared to the elephant.
It also appears to be cheaply made. I wonder if it's a knock off.
Will be returned.
on 28 June 2016
Amazing product, timer can be set for 15,30 or 45 mins, i use the 15 min setting on the heart beat noise, it also has different glow settings and the stars and moon shapes go on the wall etc, it also have 3 different volume settings, my baby loves this and its certain helps settle her, HIGHLY recomend this product
2 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2016
I listened to the music on youtube before purchasing and liked it. But this one (Frankie the Frog) appears to come with different music than the other ones. I must say, it is the worst music I have ever heard! It is dreary elevator music, nothing nice about it at all and certainly not music I would like my baby to listen to in the evenings! I am returning it but just thought this might help others in their decision-making. Again, the others might have nicer music but definitely not Frankie the Frog.
on 14 February 2018
Ok the bee is cute but as previous reviews state noise very tinny. Light just shine they don’t flash or doing anything that would count as a “light show” nothing flashes and to change the colours you press a button your self. Bee cute but will purchase something else for lights.