Delivered in Amazon frustration-free packagin (ie, an envelope), though mercifully with a proper CF plastic case, these 16 GB cards are faster than SanDisk's top of the range Ducatis of three years ago. They formatted quickly and effortlessly on my Nikon D3, enabling me to set one slot for the pictures, and the other slot with an identical card for the backup.

There's a fairly serious issue of 'all eggs in one basket' using a 16GB card, which is enough for about 550 12MP RAW + JPEG images. Many shooters will prefer to have several 8GB cards and swap them, limiting the damage if one fails. However, even 8GB is a lot to lose if the card should fail. For my purposes, having two 16GB cards in the camera together with one constantly backing up the other is a preferable solution.

These cards come with a free download of SanDisk recovery software. I've only ever had to use the recovery software once, and it worked fine. Since you will pay up to half the price of these cards on a single download if you suddenly discover you need to buy recovery software, this does enhance the value of the product.

I've used SandDisk for about ten years and they have never let me down. However, if you depend on cards, have a good backup routine, and check your images regularly to make sure they are being stored properly. Also, if you intend to shoot something important, test the cards first!
on 25 August 2010
What can you say about Sandisk, they are one of the leading makers of flash cards and almost all reviews give them 5 stars.
Only used this card a couple of times but I have 5 other Sandisk cards so that must tell you something.
Previous cards included a recovery disk which could be used if any problems cropped up with your card but I did not get one with this purchase so I guess they must have stopped supplying these. I Understand it is possible to download and use a recovery program from their web site once you have entered the appropriate activation key supplied with the card but this does have a time limit on it.
Should a card ever go faulty and you recover your photos NEVER USE that same card again. Or put another way always have a couple of spare cards with you.
on 26 May 2017
Now a little small (capacity) but still a solid piece of equipment. I use several of these - they have not let me down
on 10 May 2013
Good price, excellent quality - not much really to say. This is the faster saving card as opposed to the 'Ultra' that apparently offers quality over speed. The quality of the 'Extreme', as far as I can tell, is excellent. Use it for wildlife photography when continuous shooting is often the best option, and the waiting time for a series of shots is short as is the upload time on to hard drive.
on 26 March 2014
Only ever use Sandisk Extreme CF cards. I undertake wedding photography assignments and want to give myself the best chance to go home with a camera full of photographs, Sandisk has never let me down, I have never had a card fail on me, and will use this brand for years to come.
on 11 May 2011
Great value card. I'm using this in my 5D MK II. Infact I've just ordered my 3rd card. I thought this card was so big I could never fill it. But if you shoot with jpegs+raw its easily done. I'm glad I had my spare card at the time. Hence my decision to purchase a third.
on 2 February 2011
Been using Sandisk for years. I am using this card plus the same version in an 8GB on a D700. It works a dream. I am by no means a burst shooter but if needed, this can handle 20mb raw files at the full rate no problem at all. It also reads and writes extremely quickly. Don't be a fool and purchase a slower cheaper model. You paid too much for your camera to do that.
on 11 October 2013
Fast delivery, well packed, good stuff. I would certainly recommend this Extreme Compact Memory Card to anyone. Well done to you.
on 21 December 2014
Good
on 22 April 2014
As usual, another good SanDisk memory card. Speed is good and it is reliable. Transfer over a USB 3 link is fast and writing to the card is also quick.