on 4 January 2018
I'm a Jillian fan: I have half a dozen of hers and rotate them around depending on what I fancy working on, how long I've got, and which bits of me currently hurt. This one's a favourite for a longer workout and makes me feel like I've really worked without the need for lots of bouncing around.

NMTZ is the companion workout to Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism and follows the same format: seven 6-minute circuits, with a 5-minute warm-up and cool down. Total run time is around 55 minutes, and you'll feel every one of them. This one does what it says on the tin - it concentrates on toning and strengthening muscles, whereas BFBM is much more cardio-orientated. Jillian's two demonstrators generally do the same thing, but there are occasional modifications to make life fractionally easier.

The circuits target different parts of the body, usually combining several muscle groups for efficiency. Here's the line-up:

Circuit 1: squat with shoulder-press, backwards lunge with lateral raise (both sides), chair squats with front raises, "press-outs"
Circuit 2: crunches with chest press, pike crunches with chest fly, bicycle crunches, "squirms" (heel-reaches), push-ups
Circuit 3: deadlifts with hammer curls, static squat with concentration curl, forward lunges with lateral bicep curl, sideways lunges with bicep curls
Circuit 4: tricep kickbacks in chair pose, tricep dips with sumo squats, "surrenders", triceps pushes in crescent pose (both sides)
Circuit 5: double crunches, oblique/plank twists, "toe taps" in plank pose (both sides), "windscreen wipers"
Circuit 6: plank rows, supermans, scissor kicks in hollowman pose, glute raises (both sides)
Circuit 7: side plank raises, inner thigh raises, outer thigh raises, donkey kicks, round kicks

Jillian and her girls are using three-pound weights, which is roughly equivalent to 1.5kg dumbells. I wasn't going to buy a third set so I switch between 1kg and 2kg weights. For some sets 2kg is light but for others it'd make my arms fall off, so try it and see what works for you.

Credit where it's due: Jillian's workouts get results if you put the effort in. I have oblique muscles you can see because of this lady, and I'm a normal person, not a fitness model. Admittedly the music is not inspiring and there's not much banter to lighten the mood, but if you do the whole workout you should know about it - "feel those muscles getting tighter, getting smaller!" I try to work out most days, but start with what you can - the more you do, the easier it gets (up to a point - then you need heavier weights).

Oh, and if you're in need of distraction, watch out for Saleemah cheating. Circuit 4 is a good one for that.
14 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2017
I love this DVD. It really pushes you and I've had great results from just a weeks worth of exercise (I encorporate Banish Fat Boost Metabolism with this too!).
But I've given it 4 stars because this is NOT for beginners! There is no real modification, although she has two helpers (in usual JM style) they aren't a beginners and intermediate they both follow Jillian. In the beginning I found myself creating my own modifications!
But overall another winner from Jillian Michaels!
11 people found this helpful
on 25 May 2016
I started using this CD a month ago and boy have I seen results. I've used other Jillian Michaels exercise programmes so I'm not the least bit surprised. She knows her exercise and definitely knows how to make you work a sweat and target trouble areas. Her programmes are a killer but you will see results.
8 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2015
All I can say is if you put in the effort and do it right, you'll get results, but the first few times you do this dvd expect to hurt for the next 2 days, but the good kind of pain that tells you you've done a damn good work out!!
3 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2017
Adore this one. I usually do warm-up and 3 sets on one day and 4 sets on the other day. Love the fact that this one doesn't really have cardio but it is challenging.
One person found this helpful
on 5 August 2015
Having a number of her other work out videos I decided to buy this on recommendation from others. I like the fact that you can do the whole work out of dip in and out of specific sections (although I found that whilst working on one zone I noticed others that I didn't know needed attention!) Each workout really pushes you and if you do the whole thing then you know you have exercised.
One person found this helpful
on 23 September 2016
If you use it regularly you will feel it and it it works!
2 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2018
Have always loved Jillian michaels, had this and burn fat boost metabolism a few years ago but lost them when I moved. Really helped to get me ready for a more intense workout with the beach body dvds
on 23 February 2017
Really good! U can choose which 6 minutes workouts or as many 6 minute workouts as u want each day! Or u can do the whole workout if u want! Seen a difference in my body within 2 weeks of doing it
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 6 May 2016
Excellent dvd , bit hard at first and ached all over. Well worth it and you can feel the results.
4 people found this helpful