on 15 January 2011
This is a very pure and gentle album that is real chill out stuff. It is nice to hear the wonderful quality and tone in Israel K's voice and to hear him sing about his homeland is uplifting. Naturally, most buy the cd for the cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow which is amazing, but do please take the time to listen to the rest of the album as it is different, yes, but well worth a listen. It is fine for people to download single tracks if that is what they want to do but to do that would mean not hearing this wonderful (sadly no longer with us) mans beautiful voice. We all have our own opinions and views but I love to buy CD's and hope to be able to do so for many years to come. This is a must album in any collection. Buy it, play it, love it!
on 4 February 2011
I have given this 5 stars because I have been absolutely bowled over by Iz's music - I had never heard of him before. After playing the cd halfway I took it out the player and sent it back to Amazon. Instead, I ordered ALL of Iz's full cd's, plus three of the cd's he made with his former band. There is so much beautiful music on all of his cd's, the "Greatest Hits" one simply does not do him justice.
on 10 June 2014
I have heard IZ's version of 'Over The Rainbow' many time on radio and in movies, so I decided to buy this record. It is one of the few I have seen that does NOT have 'Over The Rainbow' and 'What A Wonderful World' as a medley, they are separate tracks on this CD. Two other songs caught my attention on this CD, 'White Sandy Beach Of Hawai'i' and 'In This Life'. most of the other songs are sung in Hawaiian, but that does not take anything away from the album overall. Whether singing in Hawaiian or English, IZ's voice is a delight to listen to.
on 7 August 2014
We heard this stunning version of 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' on the radio and I ordered the CD as a result. Israel's voice is wonderful, and the other tracks don't disappoint: full of Hawaiian melodies. It's a good compilation to listen to for relaxation. I would recommend it.
on 2 August 2016
We bought this item for our Hawaiin themed party nights recently. I had done some research on what music to have on the nights and found that Isaac's music fitted it lovely. He has a wonderful voice. The item was delivered in plenty of time and was a great hit on the night.
on 16 March 2014
Discovered this by accident, but am so glad I did. He had a lovely gentle voice that is easy to listen to, so sad a thing that he died too young. His rendition of " over the rainbow" always makes me smile, you can almost feel the Hawaiin sun in the beat!
on 4 February 2011
Heard the song Somewhere over the Rainbow and just loved it so bought the CD, some of the songs are quite different and not as good but his voice and the ukelele come across so beautifully definitely recommend buying this - its a pity he is not with us anymore to make more of this beautiful music
on 8 April 2014
What a lovely cd and what a lovely voice IZ had. I can't stop playing it .I would highly recommend anyone to buy this cd. One gripe , the packaging could have been better , the cd cover was cracked when I opened it.
on 4 October 2011
What a wonderful surprise this album was, so spiritual, relaxing, beautiful voice, meaningful, for summers in the garden for winters by the fire, so adaptable and very very beautiful.
on 7 July 2015
Fantastic album, but don't just listen to the two main records(over the rainbow and wonderful world) I listen to to Israel when I oil paint and I can tell you now, what a great album, every single track!