Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 December 2010
Ok if you never get to New Orleans, at least get this CD. Once you've played it a few times you'll be booking your flights very soon, the CD is so evocative of the city and the people that create music there. All the tracks are fantastic, especially 'Feel Like Funkin' It Up', you get areal sense of the music of New Orleans and the massive impact it has had on world music over the years. I hope the DVD for the series will be available soon too, a stunning insight to New Orleans and the amazing people who live there. And to HBO I say this, broadcast the series in the UK!!!
on 29 January 2012
This cd arrived before Christmas and I have it on in my car all the time. It brings back great memories of the series - Annie on her terrific violin and great numbers from the clubs - but it also includes a great variety of different mood music even if you've not been a fan of the series. Read the cd notes as well because I found the information about how the series was made and the history of the music of New Orleans pre and post Catrina fascinating.
on 15 December 2014
Bought this as a present for my husband. We both loved the TV series, but he is a big fan of most forms of jazz, whereas I only enjoy jazz up to the big band/swing era.

If you enjoy jazz of any sort, you'll love this CD whether you've seen Treme or not. There is a huge variety here, from New Orleans 2nd Line and trad, right through to be-bop and taking in several other genres on the way. These include music from Mardi Gras Indians, zydeco, blues and jump jive, and features music from many legendary New Orleans musicians.

Highly recommended, and we'll definitely be buying the soundtracks from Series 2, 3 and 4!
on 1 August 2011
As you would expect from the series, this compilation is just brilliant. For my money it could be 3 disks long and still not run out of really evocative, foot thumping and soul stiring tracks from the series, so hopefully more is going to be on offer soon!
on 7 June 2011
I don't write many reviews, but I felt compelled to write something about this CD.

The closest I've got to New Orleans is watching Treme, and that was the first I'd heard of New Orleans music as well.

The CD just has amazing track after amazing track, a mixture of old 'classic' New Orleans music and songs written since Katrina struck.

It gives you a real feel for the place, creating an atmosphere of what it was and is like.

First the programme, next the CD, after that probably tickets to the place itself..
on 18 April 2011
Fantastic series on TV and the best music from that show , it is never not on in my car. Would like to see another CD be produced with more music from the series.
on 19 July 2011
This was a great sound track - can't wait for the next one to come out! It has all the big tunes from the first season and really I should have bought two copies, as my husband and I can't decide who's car to keep it in!
on 3 July 2013
The only problem I have with this disc is that it starts with the title music - I love the song but it's one of those that sticks in my head and so I would have preferred it not to be on; but as thats my only moan, just ignore it
on 10 June 2011
Love it, the music was the first thing that likened me to this series, but after a while evrything about it was brilliant. Can't wait for series 2.......and the sountrack CD!!!
on 27 May 2011
I SAW THE SERIES ON TV AND AMA MUSIC LOVER, THE MUSIC ON THE CD IS BRILLIANT,
WHEN I HEARD IT ON THE SHOW I JUST HAD TO ORDER THE CD.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEASON 2