Size: MSP7100 Light 12-54|Change

on 27 May 2016
Good strings.
on 14 January 2015
Now in use with my Yamaha APX700 electro-acoustic, but only acoustically, these strings are giving the best sounding results I've ever had with it, both in volume and tonal quality. It only has a small body beneath a solid spruce top, and the volume is now more well boosted. The thing I like best though is the balance across the range and sweetness of tone. I suppose every guitar/player has an ideal string combination and I think I've found mine. I've another Yamaha - an FD01, one of their cheaper dreadnoughts - that I've just ordered a similar set for. The top on this one is only laminated, with spruce on just the top lamination, so I'm not expecting very much tonal improvement, but miracles may continue to happen.
on 6 September 2013
I purchased these for two reasons. Firstly they were
the strings which Martin recommended for my guitar
and secondly i was looking for durability and long life from my strings
And im those respects i suppose i should be happy. However i have to say that
2 weeks in i am a little disappointed as i have had to loosen and re seat both the
Top E and B strings twice now to stop annoying little rattles.
I also have issues with other strings going out of tune ( something i've not previously had problems with.)
I actually purchased two sets so before my gig on Sunday I'm going to change them and give the others a go
I'll review them separately and hope for an improvement!
on 26 June 2014
Having spent possibly too much on my much loved Martin acoustic, the search began to find the perfect string partner to complete the tone. I started with a set of these and really liked the tone, but then proceeded to try another five different brands to see if there was anything better out there. Eventually I stopped messing about and restrung these. Having played with the different brands for a while, these felt (and more importantly) sounded like coming home. To my ears, the perfect match for my GPCPA4.
on 5 July 2015
These are the martin strings used on the CE07 which I have,a great tone even after prolonged use.I've tried many string brands in the 51
Years i've been playing but always end up using martin strings even on non martin instruments.Whether you play with a flat pick or like
Me,fingerstyle there are no more consistent strings than Martin.
on 12 March 2017
It depends what you're after -- but these are so vibrant that they rattle like hell and sound way too bright for a dreadnought shape... do not buy if you have a martin are similar and a re looking for deep resonance.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2014
Once they were bedded, they sounded very vibrant. Perhaps too vibrant for some. However, the high E broke after about 10 hours of playing. May have been defective...hard to tell.
on 12 February 2014
These are the same brand and type of strings I have been using on my Martin 6 string bought a year ago. So far this will be the second set of replacement strings, from the original, which demonstrates the quality and longevity of these strings.

I play most days and therefore get very good use from a set of strings. The tonal quality is exactly as I like and very pleased with, so recommend for use with Martin guitars to bring out the best in the instrument, possibly other guitars would fare just as well with these strings.
on 3 July 2015
Great strings that last well. You need to wipe them down after playing to keep them at their best, but if you do this they stay bright for a long time. I love the clarity and overtones of these Phosphor strings on a rosewood guitar. Some may like the more focussed middle of the 80/20 version of this string. But both versions have a great tone and are a bit cheaper than some of the coated rivals from other manufacturers.
on 10 May 2012
The martin strings are a great piece of kit for my daughter's martin guitar. The sound is clean and precise and are a perfect match for her martin guitar.

My daughter's playing is easier with the martin strings and the quality of the sound is perfect for her singing as well.

The price was very good, and delivery was very fast, even though the postage was standard.

thank you amazon!