Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Zara Larsson Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: DVD|Change

on 31 December 2010
I was really pleased to recieve this on Christmas morning. I'm a great fan of the Shrek films so to recieve all four movies on Blu-Ray was a a real treat. The movies look amazing on a HDTV, the picture is crisp and vivid. There are lots of bonus features on the disc which you can easily fill an hour or two watching. The only disappointing thing about this box set is that it doesn't include Shrek The Halls hence the four star review. If it had of included Shrek the Halls this would definitely have been a five star review. Great fun for children and adults.
on 15 December 2010
I must admit that I am not particularly into Box Sets I do prefer the individual packages of each film, but being as I do like Shrek and had not seen Shrek Forever After, and was unable to get Shrek 1 and 2 on Blu Ray as they have not yet been released individually, I saw this as perhaps a good cheaper alternative in buying this Box Set. Upon reading a review from the Dreamworks site before the release of this Box Set, Dreamworks stated it would be packed with exclusive Blu Ray Bonus features along with the original DVD features and also contained Shrek The Halls to which it does not. However the 4th Disc Forever After does contain BD Live which may very well serve as a purpose later on for putting the missing Shrek material on. If it does it will certainly make this Box Set more worthy of it's money, and I feel that this is something the company should do, because as it stands with this Box Set it's certainly not The Whole Story which is stated on the box.

Even though I had not seen the 4th film Forever After I was in no rush to put that on first when I received the Box Set. I watched the set from the total beginning starting with Shrek 1 right up to the last one. The best thing I must say with these films being transferred to Blu Ray is the fact that they have all been remastered with a Dolby True HD 7.1 Soundtrack, and I must say they have done a fantastic job on all 4 films with it. However I feel that only Shrek Forever After is reference Blu Ray pristine picture quality that matches that of the quality of how the Toy Stories turned out on Blu Ray. I do not think Shrek 1,2 and 3 are up to top notch Blu Ray transfer. The thing is with animation is, it always looks good, these films even look great on DVD, and although the first 3 films are better for being in HD on Blu Ray, I do not particularly think they are that much better for it in the Picture quality.

The story lines to Shrek 1 and 2 have always been in my eyes excellent and they compliment each other, I felt that Shrek The Third started going over old ground with it's story line and even though it was good I would have to say it was a weaker plot. Having watched Shrek Forever After for the first time, I must say they completely lost the plot with this idea of a story and have in many ways failed to make Shrek entirely fantastic with it's sequels. Even though the animation is way better in the 4th film the story line destroys it. They would of done a lot better making another story line along the lines of another quest, to which is what Shrek is really all about. Shrek Forever After is to me a complete let down as sequals go. I find that Shrek as always been fantastic animation and better than that of Pixar's Toy Story in that field, but what Toy Story does have in all 3 of it's films is truly great story lines and fantastic sequels, which on that score does blow Shrek away I am afraid.

The Box Set does come with a host of features, though I feel most of them are more for the kids. I am sure they can improve on them in the future via the BD Live, and it's certainly something I feel Dreamworks should be looking at in the near future to make this purchase even more worthy. It's a very worthy purchase as it stands and I am pleased with my purchase. Perhaps I might get a different view of Shrek 4 when I give it another spin but for now I feel they definitely lost the plot. Only 4 stars here from me down to the fact that it is not the Whole Story as stated and the rather bad story line of Shrek Forever After.
on 30 September 2013
grew up with these films as a kid but 1 will always be the best, they do eventually go down hill after the second film but still worth a buy
on 10 May 2011
It is really cool to buy this if you own a blu-ray player and a full HD TV. The quality is perfect.
So good that you can see how the first shrek movie is robotically animated, and that is actually not so good... rather disturbing. You don't notice it in shrek 2-3-4, so don't you worry ;)
Shrek 2 or 4 are the best (hard to say which is the better one), then comes the first shrek not so far behind, and far behind is the third one, where the story is a bit of a disappointment.
I say "BUY IT!!" You won't regret it
on 22 February 2013
This is a great kids film and one for all the family lots of fun for the kids to watch
on 16 January 2013
All four films are unique and can be viewed as stand-alone films. However, for maximum enjoyment, watching them sequentially the first time is best. The animation is superb, and the plots are well thought out. They are simple enough for children to enjoy the viewing but entertaining enough for adults to enjoy the storyline. The same is true of some of the humour - basic and simple for children, but with another layer that children will probably miss, but that won't be wasted on older/adult viewers.

Quite simply, a brilliant series of films.

Excellent prompt supply from Amazon ensured the delivery was in advance of the estimated date.
on 3 January 2011
If you are a Shrek fan buy this box set, if you've never seen Shrek but are thinking of buying it then do so- everyone will love it!!! (It's also really well presented in a cute little book-type-box!)
on 5 February 2013
Love these films. Every time you watch them you see new things and the link ups between all the different fairy tales and characters are so funny. Something for everyone in these. Well worth owning.
on 31 January 2013
Can't go too far wrong with the whole set of Shrek films, so 5/5 for me. Missus is a massive fan, so she was extremely pleased to open on Christmas day.
on 26 February 2014
So i just bought this amazing blu ray boxset. Contains all four films with an additional holiday feature. All blu rays come in full size cases, no slim cases! Simple purchse if you love these films! Amazing HD 1080p and a must for any blu ray collection.