Price:£7.95+ £2.65 shipping

If you're even considering getting this as a present for someone, then you (or they) clearly know what Scrabble is. Your John, James, Jackie or Julia will already be preening that their first name warrants the 8 points of a "J" never mind the fact that they get a triple word score in the bottom of the mug :)

Comedy aside, this is a good quality mug and the print is not of the tacky sort that will be washed away with time. The mug is dishwasher and microwave safe, and arrived with plenty of secure packaging so don't expect it to arrive broken.
on 11 October 2012
I ordered this mug for my son's birthday - at first the wrong letter arrived but as soon as I registered a complaint the new correct letter was sent out immediately - and I received a very polite curtesy call to apologise for the error. A man with a lovely Irish accent - it was almost worth the mistake! The mug is a great size, great quality and my son(19) LOVED it and has used it constantly since his birthday. A happy customer.
on 16 January 2011
Bought as a present. My tea-drinking Scrabble fan Mum loved it! Also it had a Scrabble "Triple letter score" on the inside bottom.
on 4 June 2014
I ordered a J mug, got invoiced for a J mug, received an S mug :-( Now I'm waiting waiting waiting for addedpeppa to authorise a return, and as I wanted this for tomorrow, I've had to order something else instead. Perhaps the order pickers should play more Scrabble to learn their letters, until then. they'll just be a sackass of a serk who can't do their sob properly.
on 20 March 2014
Bought as a gift for my brother (and chief Scrabble nemesis). I was very pleased with it. The colour is more on the creamy side than the picture shows, which makes it just the right shade of a scrabble tile. The mug felt solid and good quality (and came well-packaged.) There is a "triple-word score" icon at the base of the mug, a nice touch when you've finished your cuppa. My brother is thrilled with it, a great buy.
on 28 June 2013
It's a mug and works exactly as you'd expect a mug to work.

However, it also has the additional benefit of a personalised letter + score on the front and the scrabble score list on the reverse of the mug.

Not much else to say really!
on 6 February 2014
I bought this as a present for a scrabble fan and they were thrilled with it. Good size and excellent quality - so much better than many novelty mugs which sometimes feel 'cheap' and are of poor quality. I would definitely buy more.
on 29 September 2013
I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday, and he absolutely loved it! It was really original and he had lots of comments from his family. The order came quickly and all wrapped up in bubblewrap to prevent damage. Fab purchase!
on 1 September 2011
Everyone knows a "J". Jonnie. Julie. Jethro and Joolian (don't ask). Get 'em a mug, they'll love it, thinking that, at 8 points, they are superior to all those one-pointers like Eric, Susan and Alison. If they are over 37 they might even know what scrabble is. Just pretend it's a video game for younger friends and relatives.
We have two of these and as an hourly tea drinker I have to say that the glazing inside hasn't worn at all well.

They looked lovely to start with but we have now had them for just over a year and we have to work very hard to get tannin stains off and now the glazing has permanently discoloured and nothing works at all. They looked lovely to start with but the mugs are now covered in deep stains at the bottom and even the dishwasher won't get them off (and before somebody tells me that they shouldn't be put in a dishwasher, this has been a last resort!).

We have mugs which are much older but are still glowing white inside. The best mugs we have are the Penguin ones such as Penguin Mug: One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest (Orange) which after the same amount of use still look as good as new. They are available in several different book titles.