on 21 June 2011
Received today and up and running within a very short space of time. I don't understand why people say 'there's too many wires'. You have:

1 usb connector from PS3 to the decoder (needed for the mic to work)
1 optical link from PS3 to decoder (this is for your surround sound)
1 power lead to decoder
1 headphone wire to decoder

Seems reasonable to me...although I do hate wires!

Very very quick to setup and no instructions required, which is just as well as they are a bit sparse.

Very nicely packed and well designed COD case which if your headset is packed in after use, will keep it nice and safe.

Impressive audio quality and the mic is superb. The handy mic on/off switch on the inline control a necessity if you're interrupted by someone that wants a chat (unfortunately too many players out there neglect to turn their mics off when having a chat but that's another story!)

The enclosed earpads fit nice and snug, ensuring external distractions are kept to a minimum. Even after a few hours of wearing, my ears weren't aching which I would normally get with an earpiece. It's nice to get surround sound and use the mic. It's a much better experience than having the audio out of the speakers with a mic earpiece in one ear, as I find I don't miss as much audio detail as before (such as an enemy reloading a magazine nearby or sneaking around me).

From a PS3 perspective, the only thing you might need to do is turn off DTS option (within PS3 audio settings) which is the only useful thing I found in the instructions. Ensure you change your output options on the PS3 so the mic goes out over the USB device, or your mic will not work (not in the instructions). I found the sensitivity doesn't need to be higher than 3, even if you're softly spoken. The mic picks up all sounds very clearly indeed.

Was a little wary of paying this much for a headset, but overall I'm very pleased with the package and would recommend this.
7 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 September 2011
Having never had a gaming headset before i was very wary about what to buy, i didnt want to pay too much and then be dissapionted but i also didnt want to buy a cheap headset that wouldn't last.

I ended up going for the Ax720 after reading tons of reviews and so far i am more than pleased with them.

They arived very quickly and was very well packaged. They come in a huge box of a very high quality. Inside there is the rugeddised bag that holds everything(very handy when packing it away).

Although ive read that some people found them a bit confusing to set up i found it a walk in the park, power supply, usb to ps3 and fiber optic to ps3(simple). Next make sure the audio on ther ps3 is set to optical out and dolby digital is selected(dont select dts as this wont work properly with this decoder) i also selected duel audio out so the sound still plays through the tv when im not wearing the headset.

Next plug in the headset and away you go.

The sound quality is very good with only a small amount of interferance comming through the headset when there is no sound playing. The sound is nice and warm with a full fealing to it not too much bass but enough to let you feel it.

One thing to remember on the ps3 is to set the headset as your default mic, which is done in the accessories menu. Otherwise nobody will be able to hear you.

The inline control is very handy as well giving you controls over game volume, mic volune and a mic mute switch.

I've also been told that the mic is of a very good quality and speach is very clear.

If i have one small critisism it would be that there is no mic monitor on the headset so you cant hear yourself talking which can lead to loud talking if you have the headset on a little loud.

Other than that this headset is very good its just a shame they've put the price up to £[] it was bargain at £[].
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 May 2013
Fast delivery / well packed / well impressed !!!

As an avid gamer, when my previous headset broke I was gutted, I had turtle beaches px21s but saw these for the price and I had to buy lol.

All I can say is IMO these are far better than any other headset I've used. I changed the leather ear protectors for the foam ones ( all supplied ) as I felt comfier. With the added wires etc and the sound these give you, ensures my gaming experience is now so much better than before. I will now always go for Trittons ( maybe Astros ) but then these are great and for the price I feel hard to beat !!!!!!
on 1 June 2011
If like me you like to enjoy the full on surround sound experience but as soon as the volume is increased get a nagging "turn it down, you'll wake the kids!" reminder then this is an ideal product.

Easy to set up and super sound quality it really adds to the gaming experience, picking up on all of the sounds of the gameplay environment. There is a notable improvement on sound quality compared to the cheaper headphones you can get and this also helps if playing online.

Well worth the money......!
3 people found this helpful
on 1 April 2013
On my second set in the past 18 months

First set the wire broke on the headset so was unable to chat.

The second set was purchased on june 2012 and have a constant buzzing sound which was very loud and could not chat

l wont be purchasing these again
on 6 April 2012
Very nicely boxed, nice braided cords etc: easy to set up for xbox 360, sounds great during online gaming, overall very pleased just one negative ... the headset is firm and fairly tight fitting (i have an average headsize) no doubt it will loosen up a little over time but as i wear glasses it pushes the arms of the glasses into my head and can be fairly uncomfortable after time so beware. :)
One person found this helpful
on 17 August 2014
its ok but after a while the head set snaps ive bought two i will not buy any more ...
on 2 July 2015
Be very careful when connecting to the device, as you may break the pins. No spares. Apart from that quality is very good.
on 3 January 2015
Very weak construction
on 14 July 2012
Bought the ax720's 2 weeks ago and there amazing good company the product works almost perfect, Just noticed 1 slight problem the optical digital cable is faulty into the back of my ps3. Other then that small problem headset is perfect for FPS gaming and music.