on 21 November 2010
This Mp3 player is probably the best I've ever seen in this range of prices. It has very good size (neither too small nor too big), 5 main buttons which make it very easy to use and one side button for on/off. Very good sound quality, and easy nagivation. It even has a tetris game if you get bored somewhere :) . The only thing that could be better, is the video resolution, but I never expected much from an mp3 player on that section. Ah, its battery lasts forever, almost literally, forever. Since I bought it, I have it with me, more frequently than I have my keys.
11 comment| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2011
Considering the price and sound quality it would be wrong to complain too much. For the money you get good quality and plenty of memory, but you also have to cope with a UI that is far from obvious and is controlled by buttons with a very plastic feel to them. If you want to be able to move between music and audiobooks with little effort and the player remembering your playback position, this is not the product for you. On the other hand, if all you are after is a music player and you're on a budget, then this will do nicely.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2011
This is a really good MP3 player with many features for the price.
The sound is superb & the radio is excellent.
The 3 pin USB adaptor included makes it great for travelling.
Highly recommended
on 17 December 2010
I bought it so that I could store more music than my phone could handle, as it only manages with a 2GB card. The Kubik Evo has 4GB built in, with a micro sd slot,in which I put a 4GB card. The controls are simple to use,even if it does take a little while to get used to, the sound quality is superb,and the various equalizer settings help to make the most of different styles of music.It takes very little time to charge,the battery lasts for ages,and installing media files is unbelievably easy.I am delighted with it and would definitely recommend it. Fantastic price too!
on 4 October 2010
I received my Kubik Evo 4GB MP3 player today, and was immediately impressed with the packaging and presentation - and it has a printed handbook! The battery was even fully charged.

When I played it, I was even more impressed; the sound quality is very good indeed, even from its bundled earphones. I had a lot of music on a 2GB micro SD card, so I plugged it in, and it straight away found the card, showed the list of tracks, and played with no hassle at all. Likewise the radio - very good reception, and sound quality.

This sounds better than my Zen V; it's a bit bigger, making it easier to use - no fiddly joystick. at this price, it would hard to better it, and I can certainly recommend it. The only small niggle is that you have to bookmark where you are in the playlist if you want to start from that point again, otherwise it goes back to the start of the list. But given its performance and price, it's a very small niggle. The button arrangement takes a little getting used to, but again, a very small issue.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it.
1111 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 January 2011
I've used this for just over a week now, everyday on my way to college.
I can't afford an iPod or anything like that, so when I looked at this I thought I'd give it a shot, and I have to say I'm impressed.
It's very easy to use (I worked out the controls in a matter of minutes), the battery life is excellent - I haven't had to charge it at all, it's still says it's on FULL battery and it's had hours of use!
It syncs directly from your computer, itunes and media player both work.

There is only one real issue, and that it the way it sorts the music. When you select 'artists' and select an artist, it gives you a list of every song rather than albums - However, this can be rectified by a few minutes using your computer browser to create folders.

Fantastic bit of kit, ignore the lower reviews.
You'll have difficulty finding anything better at this price range.
on 11 January 2011
For the money, you can't go wrong. It looks stylish, and comes with a fairly decent set of in ear headphones (though I immediately switched to my fancier Sonys). It does feel a little cheap on the buttons, but really that makes no difference at all. It's all about ease of use and the quality of the sound. It is not quite as good sound quality as my old Zen, but after fiddling with the equaliser settings it now sounds great. There's some inbuilt settings, I personally find the Jazz setting to be the best, and you can also set it up yourself which is a fantastic feature. Getting the music on the device is so easy, literally plug it into your computer and drag the files across - no fiddly programs to install and mess around with. That's one of the reasons I went for this one, as my Zen had become inaccessable from my PC (so no change of music could be made). The menu is very simple and easy to navigate, very easy to see as well if you have problems with small type.

As for the lifespan of the player, I've only been using it a few weeks so I can't comment. So far it's held its charge well and I haven't encountered a single problem. In summary - great price, great player! Considering you can up the storage capacity with a micro SDHC card to rival the capacity of players going at £40 upwards, it is even better value.
on 17 December 2010
I bought this MP3 player as I was going on a long trip and wanted to listen to music whilst travelling.
I read the reviews and, as I have never purchased an MP3 player before, decided to give it a go. The player arrived and I downloaded some of my music. The sound quality is very good and I didn't need to have the volume on full. I did have a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to work the volume controls. By going through the instruction manual, I managed to turn it down as it blasted out at volume level 22. Ouch! I have had no problems with it at all since, and although the video quality is not as sharp as it could be (I don't really use that facility, so it doesn't bother me too much), it is a very smart and compact machine. This machine may not be to everyone's taste, but you can't please all people all of the time. My advice - Try it for yourself to decide. If you don't like it, return it.
on 22 June 2011
Having used an iPod nano for years, I wanted something different. This mp3 player caught my eye due to its battery life, radio and e reader function.

I work in an extremely hot,noisy and dusty environment, so I did not want a touch screen player. I wanted something small, light and highly portable.

Working shift and using a headset with a jack, I use this to listen to audio-books. I can vouch for the fact of the battery life and say that on average I listened to over 9 hours a day on a three day shift without recharging. Just charge for 2 hours. Do not charge overnight, you will burn the battery.

Sound excellent,on three different sets of speakers.
Bookmark function for the music excellent.

The e reader function is excellent. Screen is small but it can do most things that my Sony 505 can and more. Supports text docs only. Auto-scroll for fast readers who do not want to button click superb. Just press play.

The radio is excellent. Having used different radio headsets and my Nokia to pick up stations, this player beat them all. Surrounded by metal and poor radio reception. Picks up more stations.

Cons. Usb connector could use a rubber cap and a case would be nice, I use a small zip bag.

But overall does what it says on the tin and more.

Read the manual, be patient and you will get big bang for your buck.
on 20 May 2011
I purchased a Kubik Evo 4GB MP3 player a little over a month ago and it has already packed it in. From the start, I wasn't in love with it - although the battery life is great, the navigation is counter-intuitive, it is missing some obvious features like a pause button and the buttons themselves felt flimsy. Sure enough, by about the 3 week mark the buttons sometimes had a life of their own and would make it almost impossible to navigate - and now it has stopped working completely. If you do buy this product, make sure you register it on the company's website, otherwise the warranty isn't valid!