Customer reviews

Devil's Guard: The Real Story
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.10

on 14 July 2015
Having read devils guard (Elford) several years ago I was excited about this. However I was extremely disappointed. The title is extremely misleading and is in fact just a novel. I had to force myself to finish this book. It seems to be written by a fourteen year old. Do not waste your money on this poor excuse of a book!
on 2 February 2014
The author claims to have served in the Royal Marines Reserve, reaching the rank of Colour Sergeant and states that during his service he was seconded to take part in and lead a number of sensitive and classified missions, as well as undertake instructor assignments in a number of Special Forces schools. I, as a retired Royal Marine WO2, can say that this sounds unlikely, dubious and improbable. Reservists would never, ever - I repeat never, ever - be selected to take part in sensitive and classified operations, nor would a reservist have any useful skills or experience to teach Special Forces Operators.

After reading the first 40 pages of Devils Guard and scanning forward a few chapters I could not finish this book, it was not believable as the author clearly has no first hand experience of military operations, his characterisations are weak and lacking depth, I could not relate to or empathise with them. Mr Meyer should look at writing books of a different genre.
on 18 January 2017
Having a great interest in German military history and in Vietnam I thought this would be right up my street. Unfortunately the story line was much to be desired.
Far fetched and a bit weak in places .
If your looking for a easy read then I'd recommend it . But anything historical then don't bother .
on 27 December 2012
Bought this book after reading Robert Elford's, Devils guard.
Its the same story re-written and not a patch on the original.
Try and get the Elford's book its an incredible story.
on 24 May 2016
Looks promising, but turns out to be an anticommunism manifesto after all, just entertaining, if it wasn't so political would had been a better story
on 7 November 2016
reads like Sven Hassel or Leo Kessler type fiction. He uses facts and figures around hitorical events not related to pad it out.
on 5 January 2017
This book was recommended to me by my son in law who served in the forces and I glad he did as it takes a lot to keep my concentration. I will definitely be reading more of this kind of book
on 23 September 2013
I found this to be a relatively weak attempt to write a Jazzed up summary of fictional work. I won't bother with the follow up books
on 17 June 2017
Excellent book couldnt put it down,not sure how much is true but the fact that some of it def is makes it a must read.
on 15 July 2017
PLEASE AUDIBLE PLEASE COULD YOU DO THE REAL ORIGINAL Devils Guard....