Customer reviews

on 22 October 2015
Great Indian cross over music, great catchy riffs and some of the choruses are in english so I can sing along. I first came upon Ragu in about 2005 first hearing his music on youtube accompanying a royal enfield video, so I had to ask the video poster "who is this playing the great music,"
I contacted Raghu and he told me thisngs wern't going so well for him and that he was thinking of giving up, so I replyed that I thought he had great international potential and that he would be a big star if he kept going, and for once I was right!
on 29 July 2017
An incredible album, infectious rhythm and heartfelt lyrics, drawn from many different influences...gorgeous music!
on 4 December 2010
Non filmi music from India is comparatively rare but some of the ones who have made it are really good. Raghu was also recently on Jools Holland and boy did he stand out.
The lyrics are really good as well,the first one"Bhagwaan" is almost a Aarti but done in great style. The most popular one is "No man will ever love you like i do" soulfully sung.
He really deserves to suceed and will as long he keeps his lyrics sincere and music fresh. Roll on the next offering
on 24 September 2012
Heard Raghu at the Cambridge folk festival. A great discovery. He immediately capitvated the audience and had us all dancing away to this modern folk-rock-blues Indian music. He's the biggest selling artist in India outside of Bollywood related releases. A great performer live and much of this passion for music comes over in the recording. On the final day of the folk festival we were rained off and came home to dry out - downloaded this album and were immediately transported back to the joy of his finger-picking songs about love. Try it for yourself.
on 25 March 2011
Oh my word, I think this is a beautiful CD. There's great variety of songs, pulled together by a pure voice and excellent production. I particularly like the fusion of Indian/western instrumentals.

For me, highlights are Ambar - a track with heartfelt power (I wish I understood the language) - and No Man Will Ever Love You.

If you like uplifting, soulful music delivered with energy and commitment, I'd recommend you give this CD a go.
on 25 December 2010
I bought this album after seeing Raghu on Later...with Jools Holland. A great album with joyful, infectious delightful music and songs. Hope we hear a lot more from Raghu Dixit!
on 30 December 2010
We were lucky seeing them live at the free summer festival event in Cardiff. They had the whole place bouncing. Refreshingly new music, great rhythm and beat. If you can get tickets to see this group anywhere they are well worth the journey.
on 16 December 2010
Absolutely beautiful album. I bought this after seeing a performance on Jools Holland and was not disappointed. Truly gorgeous voice and music - so heartfelt. Relaxing and cheering, stunning to listen to and equally delicious as background music. Don't miss this talent!
on 13 February 2011
I can't praise this collection of music enough. If you are at all familiar with classical forms of Indian music, you will recognise bits and pieces of styles from all over India. But it's the freshness of form brought by the singer's warm, wondrous voice, and, the fluid interweaving of classical Indian and modern western styles of music which truly captured me, and keep me captivated. I keep playing this album over and over again. It sounds like a celebration of life, love and passion. Highlights for me are "Ambar", "Gudugudiya Sedi Nodo" and " No man will ever love you, like I do". I can't wait to see them live again. Thank you Jools Holland for bringing them greater attention.
on 31 July 2011
Tracked this guy down after seeing him perform 'No Man...' on the Galstonbury TV coverage, 2011. What a voice! Great mix of tradtional and modern, very funky! I love Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - this simiar in some ways though much easier to listen to and more boppy. Obviously doesn't have the sacred side to it that Nustat's music does.
Brilliant album, highly recommend.