on 24 November 2015
It feels solid and it has a little switch for UK time which is very useful. My previous weather station was eventually consigned to the bin because it wouldn't show the correct time. Well it would but the next day it had always gone back to European time. The placement of the LCD digits isn't great because the decimal point figure and the C are placed one on top of the other which makes for difficulty in reading temperatures. It also seems to confuse Fog with high levels of humidity but in general it's a good buy.
on 7 December 2013
I like the look of this, though the first one I had didn't work had to return it, weather it was the station or the sensor I don't know
This one looks good and great that you can connect up to 3 sensors on it.
Don't know how long a batteries last ye, they say no to use re-chargeable, don't know why that is.
Positioning of the sensor is not straight forward, have it in the doorway at moment, but ideally it should be placed north facing, but you can't allow it to get wet or catch the sun. So even on a north facing wall you have to keep it away from the rain.
So I have thought of cutting a clear plastic bottle in half just to keep it dry, this will have to be glued to wall and sealed. .
I have an old thermometer this is wired to a sensor/probe that doesn't get harmed when wet.
Over-all its a nice product
on 14 August 2016
we have had 2 of these weather stations the first was purchased in 2010 the second in 2014.
both the base stations are still working well. The only thing we found odd was the use of a solar panel on the interior station??? we have concluded this was a trick for green credentials.
HOWEVER. the sensor is the problem.
the outside unit has failed twice now.
the first we put down to bad placement and the possibility of bad luck. we replaced it.
now we realize the outdoor sensor unit is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
it had been in a sheltered spot at the required height,fixed in position and not been interfered with in any way.

on investigation the components are so poorly constructed, cheap and flimsy the cost does not reflect the quality of the product.
disappointing to say the least
on 26 April 2012
Oregon Scientific BAR808 Solar Weather Station Advanced
Easy to set up and gives all the information promised. The forward forecast is particularly useful and accurate.Indoor readings also spot on.
However the remote sensor must not be positioned: above 5ft (150cm); in direct sunlight; or exposed to 'wet'conditions. Surely the remote sensor should be waterproof so that it can be set away from the house to ensure an accurate air temperature.
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 December 2014
Good value and this seems to have a better range to the outside sensor than it's predecessor which gave up the ghost after 6 years and just flat refused to do anything . A mystery but nothing is forever and cars and houses apart ,what is cheaper to repair than replace any more ??
The only issue is that it is a bit dark on the face but it sits facing the light so no real practical problem. It's quite accurate in forecasting , certainly no worse that the Met Office if less verbose. Sits solidly and looks OK .
on 27 November 2013
I bought this weather station and put it on window sill in bathroom. So I won't get bored while using bathroom:-) I can check temperature and humidity in and out home. It's frost alert LED is also useful.
In the middle section there is a 12 hour weather forecast. I guess it is a barometer with some calculator, to work out what's happening and to be happened. It works OK sometimes, but don't rely on it every time. It often shows a FOG sign, it is not really foggy anywhere.
The overall design and functions are good, with a price so tempting, it is a good item to have in home.
on 5 September 2014
I always felt a need for one of these after my son-in-law bought something similar. It's a bit of a novelty to have and a conversation piece after all. The display is clear and simple to read with the icons self explanatory although we know from experience that if it isn't raining now it probably will be in 12 hours time. I have only had this item for a couple of weeks and we haven't had extreme weather so I cannot comment on reliability. Value for money? I think probably not but comes winter, I hope the warnings displayed will be of benefit.
on 7 December 2014
We have had an Oregon weather station for about 12 years then it broke. We bought this to replace the broken one. The display is a bit on the small side, but that is probably advancing years than a real criticism.
Works as expected and gives good information. Instruction manual a bit mean on detail.
on 9 January 2015
I bought it to replace an old one that i had for many years think i will buy a second sensor to place some where else in the garden i had 3 in my old one i like the solar power put the batterries in and set it up for 24 hour clock it set everything else
on 5 March 2015
I purchased this after researching this product, checking all reviews of this individual product along with the others manufactured by Oregon. It's taken a few weeks to adjust to internal and external temperatures properly but not it seems to be accurate at long last. Not so sure on the weather prediction though. (I've been forecast sun when it's actually been bad snow). Happy with it though and is a well-built unit.