on 13 January 2013
I wanted a smart journal for my cooking notes and this does the job perfectly.

The leather is thick and smells of... leather - sort of that new shoes smell and the book itself feels well constructed - It feels somewhat bomb-proof actually. I was initially surprised how thin the pages were, but I think since they're cotton this is ok. My fountain pen certainly doesn't bleed and the ink is no more transparent than on normal cartridge paper when I write double sided. The benefit of course to them being thinner is they've been able to cram alot more pages in too!

The measurements are already given, and they make it a good size with roughly A5 sized pages. The book lies flat surprisingly well too.

Anything I write in it simply looks good, from the neat notes to the dashed scribbles and I feel that this is a book that will continue to look good as years go by. So, at £25 this is a bargain. Regarding too that I'll likely have it around for a very long time so I would definitely buy again. Infact, once I find need for another journal I will!

Perfect.
on 3 November 2015
This is the best A5 sized sketch book I have purchased for many years. I have found that it performs well with the following media: water colour, pen and ink, brush and ink, acrylic washes, pencil work. The slightly off cream tone opens up possibilities for the inclusion of highlights of your own choice.. Yes , care has to be taken when dealing with very runny and thin mediums as they will seep through the page slightly, I find a piece of paper behind your page will remove any danger from bleed through.
The leather cover is fantastic and just gets better and more supple as the book is used. I use it as a holder for pens pencils and erasers as you can see from the attached photo of the book in use.
It is so good I have ordered another for me to use when this one is filled ( Which should take a fair while.).

Jeff
review image
on 23 November 2012
I have bought from amazon for years and have never left a review before, but felt compelled to reassure anyone thinking of buying this product. This journal is amazing... I have being looking for a journal for use as a life diary, and also for my drawings/sketches. It is EXACTLY what I wanted, very old/vintage pages, with a lovely soft quality leather plain cover (that does not smell odd or bad in the slightest, unlike one of the other reviews would have you believe). It feels like something that was made many years ago, but also something that will last the tests of time.. If you want a quality journal for whatever purpose, then buy this one, I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed.
on 5 January 2013
This leather bound journal is fabulous! I fancied keeping a diary for 2013 (a resolution I periodically make but never keep) and thought a good looking notebook would help. This comes in a lovely cloth bag to help keep the suede/leather cover in good condition and the parchment style paper inside is a dream to write on. There's loads of pages for me to fill with drivel - the size is approx A5, there's a similar notebook that's a lot smaller but I think this one is about right. It would make a perfect present for someone who likes to keep a journal, or likes sketching, or just wants something slightly different for photos. It's a lovely item and I'm tempted to buy another and keep it by, just in case.
on 28 November 2012
This product is pliable but sturdy, the leather cover has almost a 'raw' feeling, a bit like suede but not quite refined. The pages are thick and uniform, and there are lots of them! I haven't had any problems with the ink bleeding through. Highly recommended. I have used a number of leather journals in the past, but none quite as nice as this.
on 23 January 2013
Beautiful, Awesome, Fantastic! That's how I would describe this product. The smell of the leather, its feel almost like suede. The pages have a real quality feel about them and the use of a fountain pen really does look and feel good on it. I was afraid the ink would bleed but it doesn't at all. The whole journal has a vary rustic feel about it. Come with a little cloth bag with drawstring to keep the journal protected. Well worth the money. Go on, treat yourself!
on 27 October 2011
Very high quality leather and cotton pages. Bought as a gift for a friend's Christmas as a journal. Will be buying another.
on 26 December 2011
I bought this for my son. It is an absolutely beautiful gift for an artist / poet. Couldn't have been better
on 13 May 2014
Im always weary buying diaries off the net because you cant always judge the size properly but because this is one of the biggest i could find under £30 i thought stuff it il give it a go and im very glad that i did. It turned up in a protective bag and when first opened your greeted by the lovely smell of real leather. Its actually the perfect size to be used as a diary and is beautifully made. Im that pleased with it im going to buy another one ready for when this one is full and im also going to buy one for my mum for her birthday. Well worth the money.
on 18 March 2015
Bought this as a travel diary for my daughter who is overseas for 6 months. Looks and feels gorgeous. Nice size to fit in case or hand luggage. Ideal for writing or drawing in, or for sticking photos etc in. She absolutely loves it. Very high quality and makes a lovely gift. I will purchase again for other friends and family.