Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 December 2010
When something is described as a torch, you expect it to light up so that you can see things, but this isn't what this item does. It is a sonic screwdriver toy, not a torch so don't be misled. You click the button and the end glows green. That's it. Big deal. It's fun if you want to run around playing at Doctor Who and zapping things with the green glow from your sonic screwdriver toy, but if you want to use a torch, this ain't it!

From the description 'Torch' I thought it was a torch that looked like Doctor Who's sonic screwdriver, something that would be functional, but fun too. That's why I was disappointed.
on 2 December 2016
This is a great toy torch for you and looks well made. As of other reviews it isn't a replacement for a powerful torch you already have as it's a toy.

Please note it doesn't work on wood

It doesn't change iPhones into phones to call people in different dimensions

Since we got it we haven't been attacked by cyber men or darleks though which is great
on 8 November 2013
First off, I want to note, there was NOTHING wrong with the service I recieved from amazon or anyone involved in the process. Fast shipping, good communication. I am reviewing the item solely based on the item - which arrived in perfect condition.

>> Posive/Negative list at the bottom if you don't want to read the entire review <<

I bought this Sonic Screwdriver to go with my 11th Doctor outfit for the 50th screening at my local cinema - and it is exactly as described, nothing more, nothing less.
The button to activate it is at the bottom, not at your thumb as I would have expected. This is an annoyance, surely.
Furthermore, the screwdriver is very small - probably designed for children if I had to guess. For a child's hand, it is probably a good size, but for a grown Whovian, I would suggest a different version.
The green light at the edge is decent, but what disappointed me about this product was that there is no sound at all! Nothing!
If the description had clarified that there would be no sound, I probably wouldn't have gotten it.
To top it all off, the top can't spring out - which at the price is fair, but still contributes to an inferior product. I would have gone with having to push it out manually like 9's screwdriver(the blue one) - I wouldn't expect spring loading in a cheap toy.
However, it is perfect for finishing that 11 costume you are working on if you are working on a tight budget, or if you just don't want to spend too much on it.
It DOES actually look like 11's screwdriver - however, it doesn't look like ceramic and metal, it does look like plastic. This is expected and fully acceptable.
The green tip surprised me in a good way. I had expected a deform blob with sharp edges based on the price, but it is actually very nice! And with a small hole at the tip that lets it spread it's light so it has a bit of function as a weak torch.
The batteries are easily accessible. There is a screw that needs to be unscrewed at the tip part, under the head, and then you have the batteries.

To sum up my points:

The positive:
- Very decent to complete that costume you are working on if you are on a tight budget
- DOES actually look like 11's screwdriver - just smaller
- The green tip is very nice - not cheap, sharp and ugly as you could expect at the price
- Easily accesible batteries - just need a non-sonic Phillips screwdriver
- The tip actually shines some green light that can light up a little bit - for instance for cleaning your keyboard
- Very cheap

The negative:
- Very small for an adult
- No sound!!
- No movable head
- Inconvenient button placement

For the price, this is a good product I guess, but if you want something proper, don't get this. I wouldn't have.
review image review image
on 27 October 2011
GOOD FUN BUT WILL KEEP SWITCHING ON IN YOUR POCKET!!!
NOT THE BRIGHEST TOURCH BUT ITS GOOD FOR WHAT IT IS.
on 14 May 2014
What can you say about a Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver Torch...my 10 year old loves this and is very excited, I have been zapped into a puff of smoke..so should not really be writing this ..fantastic for imaginative play, not only for the children but the grown ups to..(if you have visited the Space Centre earlier in the year - if you did not you must & dress up)..just what my son wanted to spend his pocket money on & now reads his books under the bed clothes ..or is that another one of these - he has at least 6...smile & they are all supposed to be different?? I am just a mum what do I know..:)
on 9 June 2011
I bought this for £[] which to be honest is quite a fair price for what you get. I did expect the product to be bigger but hey for [] it aint half bad. I wanted a smaller more "portable" screwdriver for out an about as the toy version is rather large and pops up in your pocket (ooer) so if your looking for a small portable bright screwdriver that doesn't pop out of your pocket or buzz when you sit down then its a good bet.
on 7 February 2016
I have never written a good or a bad review ever, until now. I've bought this item for my 5 year old son and it's misleading that this item which is called Sonic Screwdriver but it does not make any noise at all, nor does the screwdriver part open which I've expected it to, especially for the selling price which is double the amount of the other competitors on the Amazon website! I could've paid about £3 more for another one where it would make a sound and also where the screwdriver part does open, so this was a total waste of money as I'm going to have to buy another one for only £15 which would make a sound and where the screwdriver part would open! I don't think I can return it since it has already been opened. Not a happy customer.
on 6 January 2012
i got this for my friends lil girl who is a big dr who fan, it's of great quality and she absolutely loves it
on 29 January 2014
this went down a storm with my dr who mad daughter!

she used it to show off at the cinema for the 50th anniversary!

very reasonable price too.
on 14 January 2014
Bought this as a present for someone who's a big Dr Who fan, they seemed happy enough but it's basically just a green torch