Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 13 December 2013
discovered this duo when I downloaded a free single form amazon, then bought the album: every track is really good
on 22 March 2010
The fine art of song writing & musicianship is still alive in this corner of Wales. There isn't a bad song on this album and it will have you hitting repeat over & over again. The instant-hit Cliche and the vibrantly uplifting Freewheel will put a smile on your face and have you singing along. It doesn't go downhill from there mind, and the vocals are just phenomenal. Highly recommended for all fans of real music.
on 9 June 2010
I heard Paper Aeroplane on Radio 2 at the weekend, I liked the songs I heard so downloaded. The album is a really good collection from pop, ballad to Celtic acoustic. They're the kind of band who would have heard in the Dawson's Creek soundtrack. They're a welsh folk group that would fit in with Cara Dillon and Seth Lakeman, it's a wonderful collection for a debut. I've had this on the train to work, it's a great calming influence!
on 2 June 2012
Aboslutely great.
Every single track in the album is a great song. I wish this album had 30 songs because they would have been all fantastic !! Have been listening to it for a year and I still find the details in the music rewarding. Good stuff, simply quality music (as advised by Bob Harris).
on 16 July 2013
I love this album, it's full of quality songs all the way through. No fillers here. Rich and Sarah are very gifted songwriters. With beautiful vocals from Sarah and quality guitar playing from Rich, TDWRITS is very special. Probably a little more "poppy" than the later albums, but it still delivers in spades. It is my current commuting album of choice, it takes me to a very chilled and happy place, not easy on the London tube at rush hour

Best song on the album, chose any one from 12. But I do have a soft spot for "Freewheel" as it's a great summer song.

Although you may have never heard of Paper Aeroplanes before, take a chance and buy this, you won't regret it.

Highly recommend
on 31 January 2012
Wonderful! Orginal! If you love easy listening ..........you will love this! Reminds me of my own days in University.
Only the best comes from Wales!
VINE VOICEon 22 February 2011
I first became aware of this group thanks to Sarah Howell giving powerful guest vocals and lyrics on 'Sway' on the 'Culprit 1' album 'Running In Order'. On the sleeve notes it mentions Sarah being in the band Halflight. A quick internet search lead me to the Halflight band's work (still available through the Paper Aeroplanes facebook page) and as Halflight have slowly built their following up they have had a name change and become 'Paper Aeroplanes'.

Paper aeroplanes are brilliant! With their high production values, Sarah's powerful vocals and melancholic/pop/folk tone they have created beautiful music that is easy to get lost in. It's hard to really describe music like this so I suggest getting on facebook to search them out and have a proper listen. They are a wonderful Welsh band and deserve far more recognition.
on 18 February 2013
I only found out about paper aeroplanes after buying the Al Lewis "in the wake" CD, (also very good) and finding Sarah on nearly every track and now after buying this CD I wholly recommend it.

Every track is worth listening to, and that is quite a rarity for me, I always tend to skip a few tracks but there is no need with this album as there are no fillers.

I have over 3000 albums and this has gone in to my top 50, and is very well deserved.
on 6 September 2011
I've followed Sarah since the Jylt days with Nia and my sister provided a photo of Freshwater West for this album. Paper Aeroplanes just keep getting better and better. I'm shocked that they aren't as well known as they should be as Sarah's voice is incredibly distinctive and emotive. Here's hoping that Paper Aeroplanes get the recognition they deserve- talent like this is incredibly rare!

keep going guys!
on 7 October 2013
I discovered this album having heard a track being played in a local restaurant. Since purchasing the CD I have also bought their latest album - Little Letters.
The day We ran Into the Sea is almost unique in my experience in that I like every track. Usually I find a track to skip during playback but not with this one! If I have to pick a favourite it would be "Pick Me".